Focused PROGRESS 4GL OpenEdge Developer / Programmer
CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
A leading plumbing supply manufacturer located in the downtown Los Angeles area has an immediate requirement for a PROGRESS OpenEdge Developer.
Experience with SAP, QAD MFG-PRO, Royal 4, AS400, ACS would be helpful but is not required.
Typically works on several projects at a time and as a member of each project team, sometimes as a project leader.
Works on small to large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in several technical environments and disciplines.
The Senior Developer designs, develops, tests and assists in the implementation of new or enhanced programs, job control procedures, and other automated procedures in support of applications.
Applications include both complete custom developed systems as well as software packages that may have been modified to meet operating requirements.
The Senior Developer is responsible for diagnosing potential systems problems and making creative and innovative suggestions as to how they may be addressed.
Also expected, as time permits, to review existing systems and determine if there are creative ways in which those applications may be improved from a technical perspective.
The Senior Developer is expected to work with developers in providing technical direction as well as performing quality assurance reviews on the work performed.
Responsible for participation on several project teams, application analysis, development, integration and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and support.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Developing or modifying moderately complex software application modules using disciplined software development processes.
- Utilizing and staying current on several programming languages and software technologies.
- Working with project teams to define and design scope for each application project.
- Participating in project planning sessions and project task list creation with clients, business analysts, and team members to analyze requirements and providing design recommendations for systems.
- Assisting in or defining application architecture and design alternatives - solutions by translating business and technical requirements.
- Implementing system integration plans. Interfacing with testing teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
- Acquiring a basic understanding of a specific business function.
- Interfacing with testing groups to design systems integration testing activities and implementing multiple application modules the team has developed or modified.
- Unit testing application modules to ensure application meets specifications.
- Developing detailed specifications. Makes recommendations toward the development or use of object oriented base class reuse.
- Participating in architecture design reviews.
- Providing ongoing maintenance of applications, specifically related to the Open Edge database and Progress programming language.
- Documenting functions and changes to new or modified modules, testing activities/results, and other areas such as error handling, and backup/recovery procedures.
- Handling Tier II support issues in areas of expertise.
- Preparing and presenting status updates for various projects.
- May evaluate application packages to meet solutions. Providing recommendations on testing tools and database management systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires three or more years of programming - systems analysis experience in the Progress database and language environments.
College degree in programming/ systems or computer science, specialized training, certification, or equivalent work experience.
wellness program; education reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; Kaiser or Aetna medical;
dental; 401k match; psychologist; 5 sick days ;9 holidays; lawyer; discount car insurance; health advocate (advice); college coach(prep for kids); 3weeks vacation - 4 weeks 10 years - 5 weeks
20 years; Metlife insurance
SYSTEMATICS AGENCY is Los Angeles' oldest and most trusted I.T. recruiting firm, having successfully filled permanent and contract assignments with several thousand California, Nevada and Arizona firms since its inception in 1964.
FEES ASSUMED BY CLIENT FIRMS
Los Angeles, California 90049
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 14:19:33 PDT