Android Engineer 08125
Our client's Mobile team is developing an exciting, wireless device that lets you interact with the digital world, simply by interacting with the physical world in the ways that you always have. We've already built a prototype and successfully incubated core technology inside the business unit combining computer vision, machine learning, optical character recognition, and low power mobile image processing. Now we are building a lightweight and flexible SDK over a performance-oriented, modular application ecosystem to interact with our prototype.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
• Engage closely with product management and task backlog to define/advance features on the full-stack Android application domain, with emphasis on delivering a clean, seamless UX.
• Timely handling of open enhancement/feature requests and decisive resolution of open defects while maintaining quality of code.
• Maintain focus on performance characteristics of the imaging applications, and invest in developing the SDK, auxiliary tools & services.
• 3-5 years of industry experience (core software development) with at least 2 years of Android applications.
• Android apps and SDK development experience. (If there's Android framework and/or Android NDK/JNI experience, we should still consider the candidate even if the exposure to the technology, Android framework or NDK, is less than 2 years.
• Education: BS in Computer Science, or related technical field with significant software content.
• Solid understanding of Android custom user-interfaces, services, and Android wear.
• Able to consistently deliver quality work in a fast-paced, and sometimes unpredictable, startup-like environment.
• Work schedule flexibility when deadlines call for long hours.
• Exceptional programming, debugging, and design skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience developing SDKs and adhere to best practices in the process.
• Prior experience delivering in startup organizations.
• Experience with embedded applications, android framework, or hardware such as myriad2, Arduino.
• Experience with OCR, handwriting recognition.
• Experience developing iOS applications and Android apps, utilizing a shared code-base of native libraries.
• Previous work with NoSQL server-side modules.
• Understanding of computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms.
• Knowledge of wireless networking technologies including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth; experience with ActiveSync
• OpenGLES, image-processing, GPU/OpenCL
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, with additional offices in Lorton, VA, Houston, TX and field offices in Washington, D.C. & Los Angeles, CA, as well as international locations, Akorbi is ISO 9001, and WBE certified.
Mountain View, CA
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:09:00 PDT