Human Resources Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the HR Coordinator will be responsible to assist in various HR functions including but not limited to:
- Assist in processing of teaching and non-teaching adjuncts' PAFs and notification of reappointments.
- Assist in review and process new adjuncts' employment.
- Assist in preparation of adjunct information for payroll.
- Maintain records of adjunct's absences and leave time accruals.
- Maintain adjunct's employment records on CUNYfirst and hardcopies.
- Responsible in calculation of HEOs' leave accruals and maintaining comp time records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Ability to interact with all level of personnel with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to take initiative and be an effective team member in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Competency in Microsoft office suite, especially in Excel.
- Experience in CUNY HR and HR systems are highly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The successful candidate must be detail oriented and have strong communication and writing skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
- Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
- Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $39,282 - $45,957
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
May 5, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Job ID: 16611
Full/Part Time: Full-Time