Associate Department Chair
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
New Orleans, LA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Position Summary: The Associate Department Chair of the Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology Program is appointed by and is directly responsible to the Department Chair of the Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology program. The Associate Department Chair is a member of the faculty as an Administrative Faculty member and is responsible for scheduling and curriculum planning, student affairs within the department, student review process, and outreach and recruitment of faculty as well as support for student recruitment. In addition to reporting to the Department Chair, the Associate Chair works closely with the Campus Dean, the Academic Leadership Team as well as the Academic Affairs Manager.
In addition to department meetings, the Associate Chair participates in institutional committees, provides academic leadership, and performs duties as assigned by the Department Chair. As administrative faculty member, the Associate Department Chair is a member of the Faculty Council. Principal Duties:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the department
- Assist with scheduling and curriculum planning
- Coordinate student development efforts (monitoring satisfactory academic progress, supervising Department efforts to support student development through Academic Development Plans and Professional Performance Evaluations, and representing the Department at institutional Student Affairs Committees
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage the dissertation sequence for all dissertation students
- Teach 12 credits per academic year and Chair dissertations
- Participate in other departmental committees and duties as assigned by Department Chair
- Engage in faculty committee and production assignments
- Participate in research and writing for any necessary self-study or program-related reports
- Contribute to the development of strategic academic and budget plans for the Department, including recommendations from the assessment and program review process
- Outreach and recruit faculty and support student recruitment
- Supervise the teaching, advisement, and dissertation activities, and other duties performed by Faculty members to meet program academic goals
- The Associate Department Chair must be an optimistic, action oriented leader who can motivate faculty to embrace these values in the classroom and within the institution
- The Associate Department Chair must be able to balance institutional priorities with program needs and initiatives.
- A licensed clinical psychologist with a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Academic administration experience, teaching at the doctoral level, and professional experience are strongly desired.