E-Learning Integration Specialist - College of Fine and Applied Arts (A1700208)
E-Learning Integration Specialist
College of Fine and Applied Arts
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an E-Learning Integration Specialist, through industry best practices and application of campus teaching and learning policies, to create, update, and maintain instructional materials that support design requirements for online and technology enhanced learning. Working with the College Instructional Designer, the E-Learning Integration Specialist will be responsible for the in-depth technology support for online and technology-enhanced instruction. The E-Learning Integration Specialist is also responsible for developing supplementary materials to support/train faculty members and students, and for assisting with the technical development of projects and instructional applications.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to design and develop online courses.
- Design online modules, incorporating a variety of instructional tools, including HTML pages, graphics, and streaming audio and video.
- Provide online instructor and student tutorials, as well as face-to-face training sessions and workshops.
- Coordinate and facilitate aspects of course development, delivery, and support.
- Provide assistance with organizing and arranging course material workflow.
- Resolves issues related to technology use in instruction, including assessment, andragogy, deployment methodologies, and integration strategies.
- Provides guidance in the development and implementation of effective and diverse learning strategies.
- Provide copyright and accessibility guidance and assist faculty with compliance strategies.
- Working with the Instructional Designer, assist with the integration of Learning Management Systems, online learning tools, and technology tools in support of course goals and objectives.
- Maintain ongoing contact with faculty members regarding the technical delivery of their courses.
- Ensure that all course delivery systems and courses residing on them are properly working through compatibility testing for multiple operating systems, web browsers, and multimedia plugins.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in online curriculum building and web-based course development within an asynchronous learning environment.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in creating training materials and facilitating faculty and staff training.
- Experience working on project teams.
- Good understanding of online pedagogy.
- Proven experience developing a course using a learning management system (LMS) or learning content management system (LCMS).
- Demonstrated experience developing HTML/CSS-based web pages.
- Experience producing multimedia (still images, audio, and video).
- Knowledge of accessibility standards, compliance, and copyright laws.
- Proven ability to work with confidential and sensitive data in an educational environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Established track record of working independently as well as collaboratively with those with differing backgrounds and skills.
- Proven experience in managing tasks with different priorities.
- Master's degree in Instructional Technology, Web Development, Education, Technology-Enhanced Learning or other related field.
- Experience supporting delivery of distance education at an institution of higher education.
- Experience creating materials and facilitating training for faculty and staff in higher education.
- Expert knowledge of Blackboard Learn and/or Moodle Learning Management Systems.
- High level of proficiency with CSS, HTML, HTML editors.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and pedagogy.
- Experience with many of the following applications: MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, iMovie, GarageBand, Audacity, Audio Hijack, HandBrake, screen capture tools such as Apple Preview.
- Video production experience.
- Experience training and supporting faculty in the use of learning management software for online course development and delivery of online learning.
- Experience with remote meeting tools like Blackboard Collaborate, Lync, or Zoom.
- Knowledge of UX Design principles and practices.
- Background or education in the arts.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information for three professional references by April 30, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before this close date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date will be as soon as possible after close date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: FAA IT
College Name or Administrative Unit: Fine and Applied Arts
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 04/05/2017
Close Date: 04/30/2017