Working Title: Portfolio Associate
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Organizational Excellence
Posting Date: 03-08-2017
The University of Virginia invites applications for the position of Portfolio Associate in the Office of Organizational Excellence (OE). This position advances the University's formal quality and improvement program by leading the coordination of select administrative projects across the academic division for optimal implementation and results.
OE, established in the University's Cornerstone Strategic Plan, enables the achievement of institutional strategic priorities and core mission activities - excellence in education, research, and scholarship. For more information, see https://organizationalexcellence.virginia.edu/
This role will collaborate with key stakeholders, including functional leaders, project managers, project sponsors, the Organizational Excellence Leadership Council, and faculty and staff groups to establish a comprehensive view of project activities and related operational work for on-going assessment. The portfolio includes administrative and/or academic administrative processes and services, typically with a pan-institutional scope.
The Portfolio Associate partners with stakeholders to:
-Establish an initial inventory of projects and related operational work for a comprehensive portfolio view
-Synthesize project-level information to: periodically review and analyze project impacts on users, monitor project progress, and coordinate management of cross-project dependencies; identify opportunities to integrate work and share resources; identify potential problems and evaluate potential adjustments to balance portfolio activities and mitigate risks (e.g., re-sequence work, delay a milestone, modify a policy, etc.); create tailored reports and communications for different audiences and needs
-Facilitate portfolio meetings and governance process with stakeholder groups
-Assist with timely and proactive communications on key portfolio and project matters
-Analyze and advise on project selection based on institutional strategy and value
-Assess and recommend new projects as needed
-Develop organizational processes to support ongoing portfolio management and lead institutional adoption
-Provide support for the overall Organizational Excellence program and initiatives
Applications are currently under review, however, the position will remain open until filled.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience leading and delivering projects/programs or portfolios
- Experience in defining processes and frameworks
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to visualize portfolio interdependencies and data analytics
- Ability to build trusted and effective relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated facilitation, collaboration, consensus-building and negotiation skills.
- Proven fact-based decision-making capabilities
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to write clearly and concisely and design materials that effectively convey information
- Ability to set priorities and adapt in a changing environment
- Working knowledge higher education structures and functions
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81055