Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty
Working Title: Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty
Position Type: Teaching and Research Faculty
Department: Curry School of Education
Posting Date: 02-03-2017
The Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia is seeking applicants for a full-time, 12-month salaried non tenure track Assistant Professor of Education, Research Faculty in the Department of Educational Leadership, Foundations and Policy with an affiliation in EdPolicyWorks - The Center on Education Policy and Workforce Competitiveness. The incumbent conducts high quality research and produces scholarship that aligns with the mission of EdPolicyWorks. The center seeks to bring together researchers from across the University of Virginia and the State to focus on important questions of educational policy and the competitiveness of labor in an era of globalization. Incumbent works with Principal Investigators and senior researchers on funded research projects and may also serve as PI or Co-PI on own research projects. Possibility of teaching based on need, load availability, and mutual agreement between successful candidate, Department Chair, and the EdPolicyWorks Director.
A Ph.D. in economics, public policy, education policy or related field by start date of position is required. Experience with the following is required:
- Performing rigorous experimental, quasi-experimental, and descriptive analyses
- Working with multiple sources of higher education data, such as IPEDS, CCD, NPSAS, BPS, B&B, NSC, and state administrative data
- Designing and performing complex randomizations procedures for large randomized control trials
- Managing large research projects spanning multiple organizations
- Intervention design and implementation, diagnosing behavioral obstacles that interventions should address, and for leading design process that yield behaviorally-informed interventions and products.
- Conducting or interest in learning machine learning and other data science techniques for predictive analysis
- Conducting or interest in learning data science techniques to produce creative visualizations of data patterns
Rigorous training in econometrics and causal inference is essential. Demonstrated leadership, mentoring, collaboration, and communication skills are a must. Expert level skills in cleaning, managing, and manipulating data and performing data complex analyses in STATA is required, as is a willingness to learn R, SAS, or SPSS as needed. A record of scholarship and publication is preferred, as is a Track record of receiving extramural funding.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0620297. Complete a Candidate Profile online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references. This position is contingent upon satisfactory performance and the availability of funding.
Applicant screening begins February 24, 2017 and the position will remain open to applicants until filled.
For questions about the position or application process please contact Ted Keefe, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
The Curry School of Education and the University of Virginia are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. We seek to build a culturally diverse intellectual environment and welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81050