Security Solutions Architect
Do you strive for excellence? Love a rewarding challenge? Have what it takes to provide cutting edge technology along with unparalleled customer service? Love working with a great team? If so, you might just belong at Aurora.
Aurora is a cybersecurity firm working with mid to large enterprise customers nationwide with their ever growing cybersecurity needs. The exponential growth in cybersecurity has kept us busy and we're looking for engineers like you to help us grow. Our core competencies include security assessments, encryption, network security, endpoint security, and data loss prevention. You will perform on-site and remote client consulting projects, from a pre-sales and post-sales perspective, in support of Aurora's Security Solutions. You will also be responsible for positioning; demonstrating; assessing; designing; developing and implementing enterprise security solutions; as well as providing ongoing support to Aurora's clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include, but not limited to, the following:
Security Consulting Services:
• Supports Aurora's Sales team in the role of a pre-sales engineer adhering to Aurora's Sales process, while always striving to provide top quality solutions and services to our clients
• Assesses, designs and architects solutions based on Aurora's proven security solution set.
• Communicate technical capabilities of proposed solutions based on customer business and technical requirements.
• Demonstrate Proof of Concepts of proposed solutions based on customer business and technical requirements.
• Executes onsite and remote IT security projects and services adhering to Aurora's Professional Services process and quality standards.
• Provides pre/post-sales updates and reports detailing project deliverable status including challenges and other opportunities to meet customer's business requirements.
Product Knowledge and Certifications:
Strong knowledge, expertise and formal certifications on at least (3) or more of the following products (formal training will be made available for some or all of these products to help gain the needed knowledge and manufacturer certifications):
• Symantec Endpoint Protection
• Symantec Encryption
• Symantec Email Security
• Symantec DLP
Additional knowledge of other technologies is also desired, but not required, examples include:
• Networking (Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, F5)
• Virtualization (VMware/Microsoft)
• Converged Infrastructure (HP, Dell, Cisco)
• Microsoft Server, AD, Exchange, MSSQL, SharePoint, Office365, Azure
Training will be provided on Aurora's overall services and solutions portfolio with the expectation that this role will also help promote Aurora's overall offerings when possible during client engagements.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Completes any needed partner sales and technical certifications & shadowing engagements.
• Develops a Bill of Materials (BOM) and a detailed Scope of Work (SOW) on properly-qualified sales opportunities from interactions with the client and Aurora team members. Provides clients and Aurora Project Management with up-to-date documentation of work completed on a daily basis.
• Proactively provides feedback relating to hardware and software products or client issues to other Aurora staff members. Knowledge sharing is critical to the team being able to provide the best value-add for our clients.
• Conducts formal and informal presentations of technical concepts to the clients as part of pre- and post- sale support efforts, as needed.
• As business and operational demands dictate, additional duties may be assigned and expected to be performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, or related field, and/or equivalent IT industry training or work experience. (Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience.)
• 1-3 years of network/programming/systems experience a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA preferred.
• Relevant professional certifications are a plus.
• Must possess the utmost ethical standards and trustworthiness by not sharing privileged passwords, information and/or access to confidential data to other employees or people outside the company.
• Ability to communicate complex technical solutions clearly.
• Ability to negotiate and strategize scope-of-work requirements with clients and staff.
• Ability to Plan and Project Manage complex technical projects, while maintaining a calm, efficient, competent, well-organized approach with staff.
• Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and staff.
• Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments, training schedules, and special requests in an unstructured environment.
• Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations.
• Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients and staff at all times and work well under stress.
• Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to project friendly, positive, "can do" and helpful attitude.
• Be a team player and self-motivated.
• Ability to multi-task and adjust to ever changing requirements.
• Ability to work effectively under remote supervision.
Special Job Conditions
• Available for frequent travel to client sites and training as needed
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be bondable.
• Must be able to obtain rental automobile.
• Must pass background check and drug screen.
• Must be available to work scheduled hours for position.
• Must be available to work overtime, if necessary, to meet deadlines.
Do you strive for excellence? Love a rewarding challenge? Have what it takes to provide cutting edge technology along with unparalleled customer service? Love working with a great team? If so, you might just belong at Aurora!
Aurora is a cyber security firm working with mid to large enterprise customers nationwide with ever growing cyber security needs. The exponential growth in cyber security has kept us busy and we are looking for people like you to help us grow. Our core competencies include; security assessments, encryption, network security, endpoint security, and data loss prevention.
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:09:32 PDT