Lead Web Developer
Reporting to the Director, Technical Solutions; the Lead Web Developer is responsible for designing, coding, modifying and testing websites, from layout to function and according to customer's specifications. Lead Web Developer will strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The Lead Web Developer also assists the Senior Manager with maintenance and administration of Microsoft SharePoint sites and other web sites including daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and analyzing the performance of the system.
• Daily working touches on all aspects of the full Software Development Life Cycle for projects in all stages of development ranging from requirements gathering, coding, testing, maintenance and refactoring
• Updating job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications
• Troubleshooting production problems related to those software applications and respond to customers
• Supporting and maintaining CMS based web site
• Designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing websites and applications including SharePoint
• Working with internal clients to understand complex business requirements
• Tracking, compiling, and analyzing web site usage data
• Assisting in the evaluation and recommendations of application software packages, application integrations and testing tools
• Assisting with installing third party tools. Researching, maintaining and training on technologies and solutions for web functionality, usability, analytics and operations
• Engaging in effective unit and system testing
• Supporting users by developing documentation and assistance tools
• Communicating effectively with supervisor, business sponsors and stakeholders in order to provide feedback, risk analysis, project status, and change requirements to ensure project objectives are being met and informing of any potential impacts on schedule
(a) Education: A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field is required.
• Six (6) plus years' experience with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 in writing complex stored procedures, queries, and views.
• Three (3) plus years' experience in delivering SharePoint based solutions using SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio.
• At least one (1) year experience with MVC.
• Experience with Entity Framework & LINQ. Solid understanding of and experience in n-tier Object Oriented Development is necessary.
• Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes: defining requirements, developing detailed software specifications, coding, testing and documenting.
• Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Servers.
• Experience with Agile approaches and Incremental development. Experience interfacing directly with the customers. Experience in an environment of rapid development and delivery. Must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
(c) Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Self-starter who assumes full responsibility for completion of assigned tasks
• Ability to perform assigned tasks with limited supervision
• Take direction from project lead and then work independently to deliver project objectives
• Take initiative in identifying technical gaps, learning and applying new concepts
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Write clean and well documented code
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of testing tools and Subversion, TFS or other software source control tools. Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. Strong user understanding, demonstrated expertise in Web site security, administration, optimization, system development, and site analytics. Kentico CMS experience. Google Analytic Implementation/Webtrends implementation skills. MCTS certification is preferred but not required.
Optimuss, Inc is the fast growing certified 8(a) minority-owned small business based in Leesburg, VA, serving as a Technology Management Services firm specializing in Management Consulting, Implementation Services, and Application Development for Commercial, Federal and State governments. Our Technical expertise lies in implementation of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms and integration of Cloud Services. Our Management expertise lies in conducting Business Needs Assessments, Acquisition Planning & Program Management.
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 04:42:54 PDT