Established manufacturing company is seeking a hands-on Production Supervisor with a good track record of managing a workforce of at least 50 people, to be part of our management in Louisville, KY.
Position is responsible for supervising production and leading a union workforce. 10 years manufacturing supervision experience required and flexible to work overtime as needed. Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook required.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven warehouse supervisory experience
• Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
• Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
• Ability to input, retrieve and analyses data
• Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, while maintaining composure.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and be able to meet deadlines when needed.
• Must be proficient in computer applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
• Must demonstrate discretion and confidentiality when representing the company.
• Ability to take additional responsibilities as required
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Before shift start, complete a plant walk through. Include walk thru findings on daily shift notes. Safety issues or imminent production downtime issues need to be communicated to Plant Manager.
• Shift production reconciliation against raw ingredients including lot numbers.
• Midnight shift reconcile prior 24 hours of plant activity and report on Warehouse inventory sheet.
• Oversee Production throughout shift and ensure productive operations of direct reports.
• Verify accuracy of product currently being manufactured.
• Frequently check schedule for changes and additions in plans.
• Assure pre start check lists complete and signed.
• Verify packaging is correct for customer.
• Instruct and assist manufacturing employees to assure quality and timeliness of operations.
• Provide accurate, timely and complete reports.
• Document using shift reports to provide detailed explanation of potential and actual operational issues
• Assure samples and test compositions of finished products are complete and documented except in cases QA responsible. Test samples according to sampling procedures.
• Monitor employee's breaks, lunch, etc.), relieve if necessary.
• Track and accurately complete daily employee attendance records/weekly timecards.
• Troubleshoot and document mechanical/electrical issues. Notify Plant Manager of any issues resulting in downtime greater than 30 minutes.
• Productive participant of shift turnovers including shift meetings and reviewing activities of the day, potential and actual issues as well as week end plans when applicable.
• Follow the Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
• Follow and enforce all policies and procedures as outlined by Sweet Specialty Solutions handbook. e.g. GMPs, attendance.
• Per the direct instruction of the Plant Manager assist other departments and employees in the completion of the day's work in the plant after your work has been completed for the day or in the case of a shutdown/breakdown.
• Actively participate in departmental cross training.
• Provide a positive work environment.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives including SOP creation/enhancement, safety, and quality.
• Cover peer absences, both planned and unplanned.
• Take initiative to learn all areas of production.
• Complete MSS and auditing responsibilities in a timely and complete manner.
• Lead, direct and train direct reports.
• Maintain contact availability for days away from work using both BB and personal phones when applicable.
• Attend required meetings/events.
• Follow Safety procedures and support safety team.
• Provide a safe working environment.
• Familiarity with OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for reporting food safety and quality Issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Performs a variety of related accounting tasks, as required
WORKING SCHEDULE & PAY RANGE
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Might require schedule flexibility in order to meet production goals.
Pay Range $25.00 per hour
For immediate consideration, please apply by registering in our website:
Www.ResourceEmployment.com Enter position Job Order #21262.
We do receive a number of applications, so we will not review any submissions that do not adhere to these criteria and only candidates selected for interview will be contacted**
Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Resource complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Resource is a staffing and recruitment industry leader with thousands of satisfied clients nationwide. We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work for our clients in either full-time, part time, temp to perm or temporary positions. We pride ourselves on our focus on helping our employees find their next job.
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 14:12:13 PDT