Facilities Technology Operations Specialist
Facilities Technology Operations Specialist
IT Specialist IV
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Thursday 7:30 am - 5 pm; Friday 7:30am - 2:30pm
The Facilities Planning Resources subgroup of FPDC in the Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Specialist IV to join our team.
Facilities Planning, Design and Construction (FPDC) consists of seven sub-groups: Campus Planning, Auxiliary Planning, Landscape Planning, Engineering, Estimating, Construction Inspection, and Facilities Planning Resources. For additional information on FPDC you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/fmc.
The primary purpose of the department of Facilities Planning, Design & Construction is to oversee planning, design, renovation and construction efforts to physical facilities on the UNT Denton campus and to maintain all building records for the campus. FPDC is responsible for serving the campus as a resource for estimating, site design, architectural, landscape and interior design, construction management, furniture procurement, campus mapping, space analysis, & long-range planning services and ensuring compliance with all applicable State & Federal statutes, laws and codes related to State buildings, procurement and construction. FPDC also maintains building records for all campus facilities including utility & infrastructure maps, surveys, site plans, floor plans, construction documents, & other building records. We also act in an advisory capacity for System managed projects.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of approximately 38,000 students. UNT is a student-focused Tier One Public Research University with 12 colleges and schools offering 101 bachelors, 82 masters, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 21 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university. Livability.com named Denton the 9th Best College Town in the nation.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Ability to understand business needs, craft project charters, analyze resource requirements, identify resource gaps, estimate level-of-effort, and recognize opportunities to leverage existing resources in the creation of technical solutions to the business needs of FPDC and Facilities.
* Lead technical implementation services for FPDC; act in a project manager capacity for the procurement, architecture, data design, interface configuration, testing, deployment, end-user training and maintenance of applications, databases, automation tools, and related IT products.
* Find opportunities to establish connections between ArcGIS, AutoCAD, capital asset condition assessment reports, roof reports, digital plan archive files, and other local databases or files to consolidate data sources in support of project planning, capital planning, reporting, analysis, and data visualization needs.
* Author and keep current, comprehensive and organized documentation regarding the development, operation, and maintenance of all technical solutions, including, but not limited to: descriptions of technical architecture, entity-relationship models, concept diagrams, data workflows, training material, user guides, standard operating procedures, knowledge transfers, product life-cycle plans, and code libraries.
* Coordinate end-user training program and provide on-going support for FPDC for all applications, programs, or tools deployed; keep training material relevant and current.
* Apply advanced knowledge of computer programming concepts and utilize coding skills to enhance existing software capabilities of Autodesk and ESRI products, automate repetitive business processes and maintenance tasks, generate standard or ad-hoc reporting products, and create data analysis tools.
* Establish standards, requirements, specifications and guidelines that provide foundational criteria with regard to application and code development; build templates, workflows and other resources that facilitate the efficient, consistent and cohesive creation of applications, scripts and tools; employ versioning platforms such as GitHub.
* Support GIS with automating administrative and maintenance tasks for an enterprise geodatabase in Microsoft SQL Server environment utilizing Python scripts; as well as creating tools that streamline routine data management tasks.
* Assist efforts to establish, maintain and secure linked servers, remote queries and other cross-database connections in Microsoft SQL Server utilizing Transact-SQL.
* Support systems development life cycle (SDLC) efforts for Facilities in cooperation with Facilities CMMS Administrator.
* Collaborate with Facilities CMMS Administrator to connect Facilities computerized systems of record into a Facilities data mart; and support the integration of Facilities data into other institutional systems of record.
* Liaise with IT teams on the configuration, maintenance and support of application servers, web servers and associated applications; adhere to administrative directives and comply with all institutional policies regarding information, computing and application security; build working relationships with subject matter experts.
* Serve as FPDC web content administrator; develop interfaces for data access, reporting, analysis and presentation, such as web mapping technologies and reporting tools with user-defined parameters; coordinate web development with Administrative IT Support team.
* Assist management with strategic planning for technology needs and solutions by researching and staying abreast of industry trends, marketplace solutions and emerging technologies.
* Provide subject matter expertise in computing hardware and networked device technologies to Campus Planning group in support of construction and renovation project planning.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledgeable about relational database management systems, particularly Microsoft SQL Server, including SQL and T-SQL is a plus.
* Familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS stack, API, or SDK is a plus.
* Experience leveraging application programming interfaces and software development kits.
* Experience developing and delivering applications in a project management context.
* Ability to author informative, succinct and grammatically correct documents, such as project charters, white papers, checklists, reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures.
* Ability to communicate verbally and conduct presentations in a clear, effective and efficient manner.
* Ability to coordinate, lead, manage, organize and participate in meetings, workshops, and other group gatherings in support of system or application development.
* Ability to foster working relationships, exercise diplomacy, and build rapport with team members, internal, and external units with a customer-oriented attitude.
* Capable of meeting demands of duties, projects, or tasks in complex situations where limited standardization exists by exercising creativity, adaptability, and relying on past experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with their online application.
* Applicants may be required to submit a portfolio of past and current work as part of the interview process.
* Applicants may be required to conduct a short presentation as part of the interview process.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting