Front Desk and Housekeeping Assistant (P/T), CPRN70159CULI
Operate the front desk and support housekeeping department at the Inn at Water's Edge in the Culinary and Hospitality Center (CHC). This includes guest check-in and checkout, reservations, providing guests with services as requested, operation of the property management system for all guest services. Responsible for end of shift close-out of accounts. Work within the housekeeping department to clean guest rooms and public areas. Work within housekeeping department on special projects and other related tasks. Interact with other departments in the CHC such as fine dining, catering, events and amphitheater performances as well as other departments at the College such as Arts Center, Police Department and Facilities.
Position Title: Front Desk and Housekeeping Assistant (P/T), CPRN70159CULI
Duties of Position:
- Perform customer service duties for hotel guests.
- Welcome, check-in and checkout hotel guests.
- Welcome and provide information to other guests of the Culinary and Hospitality Center (CHC).
- Disseminate information as requested to guests.
- Make reservations.
- Perform functions of the property management system such as key updates, housekeeping requests and bill production for guests and end of shift accounting.
- Clean guest rooms at the Inn at Water's Edge.
- Break down breakfast.
- Perform laundry, cleaning and dishwashing for hotel rooms and public areas of the Inn.
- Interact with fine dining, catering and events for guest services including room service and meeting scheduling.
- Work flexible shifts including weekends according to guest volume needs.
- Report all repair issues to the Supervisor of Housekeeping and assist in coordination of repairs.
- Assist in handling of lost and found.
- Interact positively with faculty and student interns to perform front desk operation and daily housekeeping duties.
- Knowledge and understanding of emergency procedures and operation of alarm system.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed.
- Knowledge and operation of key system for guest rooms, guest elevator and outside doors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Some experience in hotel or other customer service related business.
High School Diploma.
Associate's Degree in Hospitality or Hotel.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, telephone and Internet. Cash and credit transaction skills. Good math skills. Ability to work with the public and others. Maintain confidentiality.
Hotel-type environment. Ability to work successfully with the public.
This position requires a Background Check at the expense of the College.
Department: Culinary Arts - CULIN
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt