Senior Project Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Administration (AVP) the Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for the management of design, engineering, legal aspects, construction, and other professionals employed in the planning, design and construction of capital projects.
- Responsible for the administration of financial records, and the development and maintenance of project budgets and reports. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all contract documents, daily work reports, correspondence, change order requests, change orders, and related project documentation.
- Responsible for verification of work performed and the recommendation for approval and payment of the amounts invoiced on behalf of architects, engineers, attorneys, building contractors, construction managers, and other consultants.
- Coordinate the planning, design, engineering, and construction of projects with other representatives in facilities and the campus community.
- Coordinate project progress meetings, issue monthly status and financial reports, update construction progress schedules, ensure that proper permits/reviews and zoning ordinances are obtained.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Project Committee for each project.
- Manages PM work to assure adherence to departmental processes and procedures associated with the execution of capital projects.
- Manages assigned capital program elements to assure execution of projects within established budgets and schedules.
- Assists AVP in providing direction and developmental input regarding staff.
- Reports on budget and schedule performance of assigned capital program to University administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or field related to construction management, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience that includes supervision of major building renovation or construction of new facilities, contract management, capital budget preparation and proven expertise in preparing and monitoring Master schedules for multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of project management softwares with in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office softwares and capacity to learn new systems.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.