Posting Number: 20171313S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
To perform housekeeping duties as assigned in the guest rooms, following the 4 diamond guidelines and standards of the Inn at Villanova University. Perform duties and interact with guests in a courteous and professional manner.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning Guest Rooms - clean guest rooms with consistency, according to the Inn and AAA 4 diamond standards. Display a courteous, helpful, and professional manner when greeting and providing assistance to guests of the hotel.
- Enforce and ensure that University and the Inn’s policies and procedures are properly understood and followed.
- Follow all established Quality Standards, Quality Service Outcomes, and the Quality Assurance Program
- Ensure that emergency procedures are understood so that in the event of an emergency the procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely fashion
- Receives moderate to limited supervision working from objectives set by supervisor. Employee organizes and carries out most assignments in accordance with standard practices, instructions or previous training. Employee handles some unusual situations independently.
- Work is performed in a normal hotel/conference center environment with occasional stressful periods, and includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and special event periods. Little or no dangers or hazards are involved when correct procedures are followed.
- Maintain a high level of morale and cooperation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow very strict set expectations on room cleaning and staging. Understanding of recycling, laundry, chemical use.
- 2-3 years in the hospitality/custodial industry.
- Ability to communicate with guests and staff in a 4-Diamond style manner.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Exposure to typical chemicals used in hotels.
- Making beds, lifting linen.
- Use vacuum and other housekeeping related equipment.
- Bending and long periods of standing.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/04/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: $12.15
Salary Band: N/A
Job Classification: Union
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10966
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.