Conference & Event Services delivers exceptional service, resources, and support to events on the University of Denver campus while upholding the University's integrity, values, and inclusive engagement.
Provide event services for visitors, external organizations, faculty, and staff who wish to plan an event on campus, including meetings, events, and summer conferences.
- Coordinate events including but not limited to meetings, receptions, conferences, and graduations, by conducting site tours with prospective clients, booking in Ungerboeck (EBMS), scheduling in 25-Live, executing contracts, collecting receipt of payments, and planning and implementing client requirements.
- Administrative duties include support to Conference, Events, and Special Programs staff, while on occasion, other duties that will be assigned outside the normal day-to-day range of responsibilities and timeframe which will include some nights and weekends.
- Collaborate with University employees and external vendors to perform tasks necessary for the coordination, execution, and settlements of events.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, leases, service contractors, and the external public. Monitor assigned event requirements as interfaced with other events and activities scheduled in the University's venues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Mathematical skills
- Analytical reasoning and decision making skills
- Organizational, management, and logistical skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- Master's degree
- 4-5 years of sales experience
- Certified Event Planner
- Experience using Ungerboeck (EBMS) software and 25Live scheduling software
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional weekends and evenings.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, April 18th, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.