Admissions Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Sr. Associate Director of Admissions Operations
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Office of Admissions Operations Assistant is responsible for coordinating all phases of the application intake, file review, and enrollment processes for prospective students across a set of assigned programs from the initial download of applications, the entry of paper applications, the communication of missing requirements to prospective students, and confirmation of receipt of requirements. The Operations Assistant coordinates the file review process among Program Directors and/or Counselors, preparing files for review, ensuring that decisions are made and recorded in a timely manner, and communicating admissions decisions quickly. The incumbent works with the admissions relational database system and software (including Jenzabar EX, JRM, Infomaker, Infomatica, and On Demand Tools) to ensure data integrity and smooth operations. In pursuit of these goals, the incumbent prepares reports, processes print communications, and other documentation related to admission and enrollment. The Operations Assistant is an integral part of the Admissions Team working closely with counselors and academic departments.
- Input/upload all applications and related documents (transcripts, personal statements, recommendation letters, GPA calculations, etc.)
- Prepare and maintain file folders, support file review process among counselors or Program Offices
- Prepare acceptance letters and corresponding packets
- Prepare and process all written and electronic correspondence related to applications and enrollment (ie: inquiry packets, letters of acceptance, yield communications, enrollment information)
- Collaborate with other offices on flow of student data, including Advising, Orientation, and Registrar
- Prepare and present reports as required
- Assist in implementation, maintenance, and management of CRM, including workflows, communication flow, and integration between CRM and university SIS.
- Serve as back-up to the Admissions Front-Office Staff during vacations and lunch periods, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Associate Director of Admissions and/or VP for Enrollment.
- BA/BS degree preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proven attention to detail and success in a process-driven environment
- Experience working with integrated databases;
- Demonstrated ability to work toward project deadlines and ability to solve processing issues;
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments and personnel across campus;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills;
- Ability to use the phone to communicate with students and parents;
- Strong skill set utilizing software and running reports from databases;
- Two years progressive experience in an office environment;
- Admissions experience preferred, but not required;
- Proven attention to detail with the ability to work independently and as a team member
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include any information, if applicable, about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence.