Biology Adjunct Instructor
Los Medanos College
Biology Adjunct Instructor
Job Number: F00305
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36 hourly
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Complete job description and application available online at: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/4195
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks several enthusiastic teachers to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty. Teaching assignments are currently available for our pre-healthcare courses (Human anatomy with cadaver dissection and Introduction to anatomy and physiology).
Job Duties include:
1. Inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
2. Maintain necessary attendance, and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
3. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
4. Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress.
5. Collaborate with course lead(s), the department chair(s), and technical personnel to assure that college mandates are met, and that all sections of a given course maintain coordination with each other.
Duties and Responsibilities
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in any biological science, OR
• Bachelor’s degree in any biological science AND master’s degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science, OR
• The equivalent
Please note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications EXACTLY or if you’re unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you MUST complete the equivalency form contained in the application packet.
• A combination of education, experience, and/or teaching experience that would enable the candidate to effectively teach our pre-healthcare courses (Human anatomy with cadaver dissection and Introduction to anatomy physiology).
• Excellent teaching ability
• Community college teaching experience
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively in an extraordinarily diverse community of coworkers and/or students
• An attitude that will put students and colleagues at ease, characterized by intellectual humility, kindness, acceptance of others’ faults and points of view, patience, and a generosity of spirit.
It is the District’s policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, parental status, citizenship or because an individual is perceived to have one or more of these characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.