Associate AM (Accountant for Clients)
Company: Charter School Management Corporation (CSMC)
Location: Los Angeles
Job Type: Part Time or Full Time
Years of experience: 1-2 years
Education level: High School Diploma Required
Title: Associate AM (Accountant for Clients)
About the job
We are seeking a sharp, enthusiastic team player who will join our team as Accountant for Clients for the Southern California Region. A highly-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with a passion for Charter School education and account management will seize this opportunity to contribute to a highly professional Charter School management team. The right account manager will apply his or her professional accounting expertise and people skills in traditional and unique ways within the burgeoning Charter School movement. At CSMC, we are searching for the right team member to secure a successful career path while helping Charter Schools and CSMC succeed together.
What our Accountant for Clients will do
- Prepare and maintain accurate financial reports and accounting files for budgeting and accounting purposes. Typical tasks include performing bank reconciliations, preparing payroll journal entries, and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Assist when necessary with accounts payable services including reviewing and auditing vendor invoices, preparing check requests, monitoring financial activities, aligning monthly spending with budgets, and maintaining vendor files.
- Review and audit general ledger entries for accuracy (and balancing as needed). Prepare year-end journal entries including accruals and depreciation.
- Assist in other business services related activities such as insurance renewals, compliance reporting, etc.
What our Accountant for Clients Needs
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Customer Service Skills / Experience in managing several clients at one time.
- Knowledge of GAAP, business principles and standard operating practices, and a strong accounting background.
- Knowledge of California public education system including accounting and policies
- Knowledge of ACCPAC or use of comparable accounting system required.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with stakeholders.
- Interest and commitment to education reform, particularly in regard to the Charter School movement.
We provide business back office services to the charter school market (accounting, finance, compliance, etc...).
1) Write a short explanation as to why you think you are right for this position.
2) Provide a PDF copy of your resume
3) What is your availability for a phone conversation and what is the best number to reach you at
4) What is your current employment status?
Compensation is commensurate with experience and has a budgeted range of $14-$16 per hour with very flexible hours.
CSMC is an equal opportunity employer.
CSMC is the nation's premier business back-office provider to charter schools. We are committed to helping charter schools overcome the challenges they face by offering our expertise and solutions at an affordable price. Our charter school services include charter development, payroll, governance, finance, back-office, and a full range of business services. It is CSMC's mission to attack the number one cause of charter school failure, namely, poor business planning and execution. CSMC manages charter school business, so the charter school can focus on high-level student achievement through the medium of community-centered public charter schools.
CSMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:38:05 PDT