Director III - IT Infrastructure
LOCATION: District/Signal Peak Campus – Coolidge, Arizona
JOB SUMMARY: Plan, design, organize and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation and security of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, including network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with institutional goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity and security meet existing and future requirements. Facilitates the creation and implementation of plans, policies, procedures, processes, and strategies for district-wide infrastructure and communications, including a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for infrastructure related technologies. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management. Communicate and coordinate with college entities at all levels to implement infrastructure systems and services utilizing industry best practices to meet business goals.
Provide leadership to and management of assigned staff, including hiring, training, managing, establishing projects and resource priorities. Manage direct reports to promote teamwork and to develop professional and technical qualities necessary in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the College. Manage all supervisory related tasks for direct reports including, but not limited to performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and professional development opportunities. Function as a member of the leadership team of the Information Technology department and a representative of the office to all college and external constituencies. Recommend, initiate and implement improvements to IT operations and processes and contribute constructive suggestions for change or improvement in other areas.
Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, and wireless implementations. Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions. Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders. Test server and network performance and provide statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network, server and storage infrastructure.
Manage network- and server-based operating systems, services and associated end-user software. Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on servers, storage systems, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance. Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on supported servers. Escalate incidents as necessary. Develop and recommend support policy and procedures for accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance. Perform network, server, and service security audits. Ensure operations and procedures support consistent requirements for successful system patching, backups and restoration.
Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts. Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of software procurement and development efforts. Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products, hardware/software support and development services.
Participate in and support capacity and lifecycle planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems, storage, and software, including standards and guidelines for technical design, based on business goals and collective input. Identify, recommend, and prioritize new features and applications based on stakeholder input. Perform cost-benefit analyses of proposed implementations, enhancements, and modifications. Recommend and implement applicable hardware, software, platforms and management tools.
Practice asset management, including maintenance of infrastructure component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information. Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance. Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases. Support application development efforts throughout project lifecycles. Create required reports in response to business user needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree - or - Professional Level certification - or - Demonstrated KSA
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years related experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Will be required to be available for after-hours
emergency response duties as a member of a 7x24x365 network operations team.
Licenses and Certificates: This position may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., ITIL). This position may require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application or prior to completion of a probationary period. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications or licensure may be grounds for dismissal.
Special Notice Items: This position may be required to work rotating shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. This position may be require to successfully complete an additional personal background verification, polygraph examination, and/or pre/post appointment drug-testing by law enforcement agencies, due to need for this position to access law enforcement, corrections, or court facilities, property, and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications, and data base systems. This position may require occasionally inmate contact.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge and experience in network and server capacity planning, security principles, and general management best practices.
- Excellent working technical knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in current systems, solutions, and standards, including Windows Networking and Active Directory, and Citrix/VMware/Virtual Desktop Environment (VDI).
- Technical working knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Server (2003 thru 2013) and Linux.
- Technical working knowledge of telephony systems, including Cisco Unified Communications/Unity VM systems, H.323, SIP, legacy PBX and CTI integration, T1/PRI.
- Technical working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including Cisco and/or Juniper routing, switch, firewall, IDS/IPS and VPN platforms, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Spanning Tree, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet and 802.11 wireless Ethernet standards.
- Knowledge and proficiency of enterprise storage solutions, architectures, protocols and vendors, including Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Networks (SAN), iSCSI, NFS.
- Experience with high-availability service solution design and implementation.
- Application support experience with a range of Microsoft solutions including Exchange, Sharepoint, Forefront, WSUS/SCCM.
- Experience with a range of relational database platforms, including Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of local area network administration, and working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated experience and successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Project management/project lifecycle/project methodology skills desirable.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements in order to meet strategic goals and development efforts.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
SALARY: Entry salary is $65,149.00
Open until filled. First Review: Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Central Arizona College application
- Unofficial copies of transcripts or certifications if applicable.
The application may be found at www.centralaz.edu/jobs. For questions, please contact 520-494-5235.
Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted. Application materials may be submitted electronically but it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all electronic files are readable by Microsoft Office Suite programs. Applications submitted electronically should be sent to: email@example.com.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process.
The Human Resources Department is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College prohibits discrimination in employment and educational programs based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.