Our client a start-up financial and strategy consulting firm seeks a Senior Accountant. Their business model involves offering high-level CFO advisory services as well as other financial to non-profit sector.
This position will report directly to the CFO and will work very closely with various external team members. The key function of the role will be a combination of general accounting, billing, cash applications and collections. The successful candidate must have a strong willingness to learn, continually strive for process improvement, demonstrate solid communication skills and be a team player.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the month end closing process
- Prepare and post of journal entries including pre-paid expenses
- Preparation and analysis of proof of cash along with other ad hoc analysis
- Identify areas of control weakness and create processes to strengthen the control
- Bank reconciliations
- Account Reconciliations including PPE, prepaid, vacation accrual and payroll accrual
- Analyze the balance sheet to identify risks and opportunities for leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years previous industry or business experience
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and reliability
- Solid Excel skills as well as an ability to rapidly pick up other computer programs necessary to complete the requirements of the position
- Have a high degree of intellectual curiosity and an ability to dive in and understand the accounting processes while evaluating the control environment
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- The ability to work effectively as a team player at times, but also possess the ability to work independently with little supervision from others
- Ability to evaluate financial risks and opportunities while leading discussions with team to mitigate risks and maximize opportunities
- Possess problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects producing high quality results
- Understand the needs of internal and external customers and provide superior service to them
- Ability to gather appropriate information to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities
Benefits include-Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO and Holidays. Work from home available.
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 06:14:06 PDT