Automotive Collision Repair Technology Instructor
Automotive Collision Repair Technology Instructor
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 5/4/2017 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Fresno City College
Start Date: 08/10/2017
Assignment is based on a full-time load, including but not limited to the following:
- Instructing lecture and lab in Automotive Collision Repair Technology at all levels taught at the community college;
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position and currency in teaching Automotive Collision Repair Technology;
- Overseeing lab maintenance and operation;
- Maintaining equipment inventory;
- Preparing for class and scheduling office hours;
- Developing and assessing program curriculum and student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Communicating effectively with students and staff;
- Developing technology used for classroom presentations;
- Advising students;
- Participating in college/district committees;
- Participating in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- Cooperating with regard to scheduling classes between colleagues in the same disciplines;
- Participating in student recruiting activities;
- Assisting in the advancement of the institutional vitality and growth;
- Fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122; and
- Teaching assignments may include a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings and weekends.
- Include a bachelor’s degree and two years appropriate professional experience; OR
- An associate’s degree and six years full-time appropriate professional experience; OR
- A valid California Community College credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Knowledge and recent experience in complete auto body reconstruction and frame/body straightening;
- Knowledge and experience in use of fillers, finishing, and painting;
- Certifications within the industry including, but not limited to, I-CAR, ASE, Aluminum Welding, Plastic Welding/Repair, and Spot Weld certifications are highly desirable;
- Experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Related work and professional experience; and
- Knowledge of college’s missions and goals.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $54,029 - $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview. The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval. State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants. For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 226-0720, fax (559) 499-6007. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2724. Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu