Director of Marketing and Enrollment Online
Columbia College Chicago is a private, four-year college offering a distinctive curriculum that blends liberal arts, creative and media arts and business. We take students who experience the world through a creative lens and help them develop the analytical, business and communication skills to shape their own career path.
We are currently going through tremendous change including establishing a division dedicated to creating cutting edge online education products. We are looking for a top-notch marketing and enrollment leader who can hit the ground running and work with our inaugural Vice Provost for Digital Learning on this brand-new team. This is an amazing opportunity to get in from the ground floor with a department that provides best of class education to a truly passionate student base. We are out to change the world of Arts based learning. Our Build-Measure-Learn philosophy is focused on building a great product and user experience in an environment of continuous improvement. This is a hands-on position with the opportunity to shape and define an area. If this excites you, then we would love to talk.
The Director of Marketing and Enrollment Online (DMEO) will lead the strategic planning for and manage all aspects of the execution of marketing and recruitment, assist in defining new markets, branding initiatives and pricing, to drive online education enrollment and substantially grow revenue. The Director will form and lead a of recruitment professionals to maximize lead generation, conversion, and enrollment. The DMEO has a deep experience leading a consumer internet marketing and conversion operation and is an expert at driving customer acquisition through digital marketing, SEM, SEO, social media, and email.
The role reports to the Vice Provost for Digital Learning and interacts directly with the management team and outside marketing vendor to develop and execute marketing plans, messaging, and interactive and recruitment strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan targeted at building brand recognition, meeting enrollment targets across all programs, and promoting a diverse online student population.
- Develop short-term and long-term marketing strategies, including geographic expansion and service pricing, and market and service plans.
- Develop and manage a significant direct-to-consumer channel. Guide creative strategy to formulate high value content and design deliverables across a variety of platforms including - print, email, web, social media, video, etc. – and provide seamless brand experience across all channels and devices. Ensure a consistent message and quality level across all media.
- Establish and analyze key metrics for data driven decisions, validate data through statistical analysis, web analytics, competitive analysis, search marketing, etc.
- Process and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to transform into actions and requirements. Deliver findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams verbally and visually. Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Work with the recruitment team and outside vendors to create profiles of customer segment needs.Build customer email database and public relations database.
- Initiate and lead on continual innovations and drive the use of best practices in online enrollment management.
- In conjunction with the Vice Provost, develop business relationships with key strategic partners.
- Manage relationships with outside advertising partners.
- Oversee strategic direction of the web site in conjunction with the Production Lead.
- Manage day-to-day marketing relationship (relating to Columbia College Chicago Online initiatives) with the college to leverage all college promotions including mailings, clinics, public relations, recruiting, and alumni.
- Recruit marketing and recruitment staff and lead and mentor them. Perform or effectively recommend all employment actions for direct reports. Manage admissions personnel focused on customer service and retention.
- Manage the departmental operating budget and oversee day-to-day fiscal management to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment practices.
- Recruit students for online courses and programs.
- Manage CRM.
- Contribute to creation of online curriculum and programs of study through close communication with the Vice Provost, Programs and Instructional Design Manager, and Production Manager.
- Participate in projects and perform other related duties.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years' successful marketing and sales management experience in consumer marketing, consumer internet marketing, or services marketing.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing a high-level recruitment and marketing plan and seeing it through to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a brand champion proving the strategic know-how and creative talent to build our brand and help us own the online learning space in the arts related fields.
- At least three years of staff management experience and demonstrated administrative experience including budget and financial management processes, strategic planning, and policy formation.
- Experience selling online experiences or content and the ability to drive revenue growth.
- Interactive and online marketing experience using Google Ad Words and other online media.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, social media, business and market development, lead generation, market research and planning, and promotions and advertising.
- Full and complete knowledge of the consumer internet marketplace industry and the ability to continuously evaluate trends and adjust strategy to maximize results.
- Deep knowledge of, and experience with, social, online, and traditional marketing platforms.
- Strong skills in online marketing such as SEO, SEM, and social media.
- A track record of success that demonstrates analytical marketing skills and innovation.
- Collaboration experience with multidisciplinary teams, a full understanding of the marketing and recruitment functions, and a history of success managing a small team to success.
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially and inspire others to high levels of performance. Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including polished presentation skills.
- Skill in long-range strategic planning and the ability to forecast.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups at various levels of the college and with strategic partners.
- Must be a self-starter who works well with others in a team-oriented environment.
At Columbia, we offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. We take pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life and accidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options; work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement and financial planning benefits.
We invite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of our collective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in their creative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.
Cover letter, including salary requirements, and three professional references are required.
Position Subject to a background screening.
This is a non-union position.
Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Columbia College Chicago is an EEO Employer