Senior Software Engineer - Driver
DEPARTMENT: Software Applications
LOCATION: Concord, California
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Driver and Applications Section
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Lead the development team in software development, providing technical leadership to the team members.
- Design software architecture and features.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Discuss development issues with team members, manager and other teams.
- Implement and maintain printer drivers in Windows, Mac or Linux environment.
- Generate driver user interfaces and functionality specifications.
- Perform coding, testing and debugging of printer drivers according to the specifications.
- Process and manage reported bugs, fix any issues reported in a timely manner.
- Work with quality assurance to develop software test plans.
- Lead the development of software prototypes.
- Report to section manager the progress of assigned tasks and provide estimate for their completion.
- Advanced level of experience developing Windows applications using C++/C# and applications using C.
- Advanced level of experience in one or more of the following technology: printing, graphics, networking and device drivers.
- Excellent working knowledge of printer driver and rendering technology, as well as PDL (PCL, PS, PDF) languages.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest Windows updates including Windows 7/8/8.1, XPS, XAML, WinFX, and/or Mac OS X updates including Yosemite, and/or Linux distributions including Ubuntu, Red Hat, Debian, openSUSE, Fedora and Mandriva.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of software development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with printer software solution business.
KDDA is an ISO 14001-certified company with a strong commitment to environmental preservation. All employees are expected to adhere to KDDA ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
All employees should be aware of the importance of conforming to the environmental policy, procedures and requirements of the environmental management system (EMS), significant environmental aspects and impacts, their roles and responsibilities within the EMS, and the potential consequences of departing from EMS procedures.
Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation is one of the World's leading manufacturers of laser printers and document management systems.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America, Inc. is a part of the global Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation software development team with about 200 employees in Concord, CA and El Segundo, CA that takes advantage of the benefits of being part of a large, stable company while operating independently under Kyocera's unique Amoeba Management.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America offers a competitive salary and a stimulating working environment, plus a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, matching 401K contributions, flexible spending plan, disability and life insurance, plus Paid Time Offer in addition to paid company paid holidays. KDDA strives to provide a work environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities, while encouraging open communication, team work and diversity.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:10:53 PDT