NET / Java Developer Bootcamp Instructor (PT and FT available)
Hondros College of Business is looking for experienced developers to join our elite team of instructors. We are looking to start a developer boot camp and need both full and part-time instructors to get our new program started.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct assigned course(s) according to the structured lesson plan
- Advise students on course or program issues.
- Advise students on career options and best use of their talents
- Review class syllabus that follows the designed curriculum plan and explains course requirements.
- Design and implement teaching strategies that will assist the student in meeting course objectives.
- Evaluate each student's achievement and progress. Recommends strategies for success and tutors students to assist them in meeting course objectives.
- Record students' attendance, mentor students and track student performance issues.
- Record students' attendance and/or grades
- Participate in faculty curriculum and ad-hoc meetings.
- Participate in curriculum development and helps keep course relevant and up to date
- Advise the school on resources needed to help students achieve success
- Research and recommend best practices for the program, the classroom and the curriculum.
- Help build and promote the program through networking, participation in the industry and other events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience with training/instruction is a plus, but not required. If you are passionate about developing others and have a track record of mentoring and leading, we will support you to become a great teacher.
- While we don't require a degree some higher education is preferred, but the emphasis for us is on real world experience that you can share with your students. We are looking for someone who is comfortable and confident guiding students through structured lesson plans while sometimes needing to diverge from the lecture track to give real world examples based on your own experiences.
- The successful candidate will display a genuine desire to help students learn, grow and be successful in their new career and the ability to recognize when a student might be struggling or might need additional challenge.
Additional skills include:
- Specialized knowledge of related course content.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to interact diplomatically with a variety of individuals at various organizational levels.
- Ability to educate students and to demonstrate applications using various methods.
- Ability to supervise students and provide direction.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, an updated resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. Hondros Family of Companies offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time positions; a professional, yet fun working environment; and the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. (EEOE)
Hondros Family of Companies has been developing Ohio's workforce and providing educational resources nationwide through our family of companies. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Hondros Family of Companies continues to be a national leader in education, real estate and business since being established in 1981. Our Family of Companies includes Hondros College of Business, Hondros Learning, National Background Check, Inc. (NBCI) and the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:21:35 PDT