Mobile Test Engineering Manager (MUST be hands-on)
Please NO 3rd parties and NO visas needing sponsorship.
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineering Manager for Mobile applications, your job is to guide (and participate) in the manual and automation testing of our native iOS and Android applications. These projects are integrated over various systems and include: third-party financial account linking tools (think Mint and Personal Capital), call scheduling, email delivery, and complex financial planning interfaces and algorithms.
You will be reporting directly to the Director of Test Engineering and lead a team with an already-established testing process that you are expected to evolve/grow as you build out your team. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Test Engineering Manager - a strong, passionate leader of people who is a skilled exploratory tester with previous experience writing automation or at least a deep understanding of how it can be effectively implemented. We align with the context-driven approach to testing and test management - if you know what that is, and more importantly, if you consider yourself to align with this approach, we want to talk to you!
Your general milestones for the first year are the following:
* Within the first three weeks, be able to jump head-first into an ongoing project and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to amend/construct a presentable testing strategy for up to 2 ongoing projects.
* Within one month, present list of process improvements / goals / hiring plans that you plan to implement over the course of next 6 months to a year.
* Within two months, work with Director of Test Engineering and Director of Mobile Engineering to construct an execution plan on building and scaling an end-to-end automation framework (beginning to be built by yourself if the skillset exists and/or through additional resources that you hire).
* Within two months, be able to discuss high-level functionality and infrastructure of entire mobile stack. You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology and integration points behind it works.
* Within six months, demonstrate that you have effectively led and provided proper test coverage for at least one project from inception to delivery
* Within seven months, demonstrate that you were able to execute on the list of process improvements / goals / hiring plans that you proposed 6 months prior.
* Within twelve months, demo a fully functional end-to-end automation platform with at least happy path coverage for all apps.
* Within twelve months, demonstrate that you were able to execute on the list of process improvements / goals / hiring plans that you proposed 12 months prior.
* Proven results of delivering and process improvement (with references).
* Proven experience of leading and mentoring teams specific to QA / test engineering.
* Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
* Can move quickly and independently. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
* Tons of room for career growth. You're on the ground floor and your team will grow.
* Highly technical and passionate fellow test engineers. We care a lot about what we do and are very active in local meetups and love new ideas.
* Highly competitive salary and amazing benefits.
New York City, NY
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:31:57 PDT