IT Network Consultant - Level 1
KPInterface Inc. (KPI), an IT Services firm, is seeking an IT Network Consultant - Level 1 to help KPI continue its success in providing great service to our clients. KPI provides outsourced and managed IT service solutions to small and mid-size businesses in the Greater Philadelphia region. KPI strives to be the absolute best provider of technology services.
While we consider all of our technical resources to be consultants, this is a full time regular position with benefits.
We hire only those individuals who possess BOTH the professional traits and appropriate skills required to be a KPInterface employee. We ensure that our employees not only understand their job responsibilities, but also set high goals for themselves which will help them to become better professionals and people, and thereby provide better services to our clients. We offer various types of formal and informal training to ensure that our people possess the knowledge and skills required to execute their responsibilities in the most effective manner possible.
We reward all of our employees in several ways:
• Competitive salaries
• Generous amount of paid time off
• Excellent medical benefits
• Incentive plans
• An excellent, fun, family-sensitive work environment
You will need to be a self-starter who is able to multi-task while responding to assigned service requests to meet Service Level Agreements and will need to provide technical support via remote support tools/email or phone for various hardware and software applications in a diverse and varying customer environment. A successful applicant will possess superior customer service skills, high computer/technical skills, have an eagerness to learn, be team oriented and have a strong commitment to excellence.
Our ideal candidates possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire for personal growth and professional success. They work as a team, engaging others in the organization to assist in meeting revenue objectives when necessary.
This position reports through the Service Delivery Team, reporting to the Operations Manager.
Under general supervision,
• Provides Level 1 hardware, software, and connectivity problem resolution to all client computers and users.
• Provides additional proactive services such as initial setup and configuration of new computer hardware for client sites, assisting with projects, application rollouts, etc.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Must be able to communicate critical information with technical and non-technical customers in a courteous and professional manner
• Promptly responding to inquiries received via the Dispatch Coordinator and accurately triaging, prioritizing and documenting the service requests KPInterface's support call tracking application, ConnectWise.
• Gather and analyze information about the customer issue and determine the best way to resolve problem directly via phone, remote, and sometimes, onsite support; or by escalating to senior level consultants as required.
• Documents all activity and notes using KPInterface's support call tracking application, ConnectWise.
• Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of basic network, software and printing problems
• Provide first line software support and work as software support liaison
• Perform general maintenance on hardware and software in MS Windows environments
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain TCP/IP WAN/LANs and networked devices
• Perform virus/malware detection and removal
• Assists with various other technical tasks, as required, such as: initial setup and configuration of new computer hardware for client sites, assisting with projects, application rollouts, and preventative maintenance.
• Participates in after-hours support on-call responsibilities.
• Assists with managing the monitoring portal and alert notifications.
• Candidates should have 1-3 years of experience providing IT support services, networking services and computer services.
• College degree and/or industry certifications a plus.
• Demonstrates aptitude for problem-solving, ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Ability to identify and solve problems with limited supervision.
• Comfortable asking for help and escalating tickets.
• Must be results-orientated, have a thorough attention to detail, and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, a passion for technology, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
• Proficiency in using and troubleshooting issues with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Mid-level proficiency in desktop and end user support and troubleshooting.
• Junior-level proficiency in networking and server technology.
• Familiarity with backup administration and disaster recovery processes (cloud, BDR, File Backup).
• Ability to apply solutions found in knowledge base and detecting trends from previous customer inquiries.
• Experience using LabTech Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM); or comparable tools.
• Experience using ConnectWise or comparable support call tracking system.
• Possess above average written and verbal skills.
Valid driver's license and ownership of personal automobile.
At KPI we're more than techs; we're people. We know technology, but our focus is you. We work on a fixed fee basis so our aim is your stability. We're in it for the long haul. We're an employee-centered, family sensitive, and fun loving team. We recruit the best and work to keep them. Our goal is excellence and that target isn't fixed.
Founded in 2006 by two people with one vision, we've grown, but our mission remains. We align technology with business. Period. We set the bar high so we can raise it higher. We've achieved exponential growth and don't plan on slowing soon. Our ideal candidate will be striving for the same.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 08:43:40 PDT