Career Services Advisor
The Career Services Advisor position will work proactively with NLU students and alumni in providing robust support in career development, job search and placement. The person in this position will provide advising and career development resources, events and programs for all areas of career development, including career and major exploration and decision making, full-time job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and networking. This position will network with employers, faculty, staff, students, alumni and other NLU staff to promote Career Development programs.
• Advises students on internship/job search strategies, educational and personal goals.
• Develops and implements outreach strategy to promote career development activities among high needs student populations through regular class visits and planned programs.
• Collaborates with Employer Relations Manager in nurturing employer relationships and connecting students to job opportunities
• Works closely with faculty and academic staff to collaborate on meeting student career development needs.
• Assists in Career Development Office events, including job fairs and student programming
• Maintains database of students and employment outcomes
• Attends networking functions as appropriate to develop employer contacts while promoting university and college objectives;
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education or related field preferred.
• Minimum 1-year experience in university career services or related office required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relationship management databases, such as eRecruiting, CSO or Symplicity.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated in-depth experience using LinkedIn and other professional social networking sites