Embedded Software Engineer
TITLE: Embedded Software Engineer
DIVISION: Kyocera Documents Solutions Development America, Inc. Los Angeles Branch
DEPARTMENT: Software Engineering
LOCATION: El Segundo, California
POSITION REPORTS TO: Section Manager, PDL
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
We are looking for an exceptional software engineer with experience in developing firmware, low level drivers for embedded systems. This engineer will be working on a fast paced team with direct interaction with the hardware team. Responsibilities will include the design, development, integration and validation of complex software for our next generation of products. This position will be responsible for the development of products in accordance with our software development process; execute system software engineering at the highest level; contribute in designing, coding, maintaining and debugging software components in complex systems and work on projects individually and collaboratively with other engineers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of core product technology development or including Kyocera's printers, digital copiers and multi-function printers.
- Assist in designing and coding core architecture, feature sets, objects, classes, structures, and functionality using standard programming languages, application programming interfaces, and software design tools.
- Works closely with a senior developer as part of a team to develop and deliver high-quality software in response to project requirements.
- Performs coding based on software project designs according to the particular programming language or software design tool in use.
- Compiles source code into specific test builds and release candidates. Tests the software with test cases such that it is sufficiently error-free, compiles and integrates correctly into the overall project, and meets the functional requirements of the product specification.
- Maintain the source code to resolve any issues reported and/or incompatibilities that may arise with other software modules. Diagnose and fixes any issues reported in a timely manner. Document the status of issues related to the maintenance process using bug tracking software. Resolve compatibility issues between software projects and third party applications.
- Reports to team leader the progress of assigned tasks and provides estimates for their completion.
An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree is desirable.
- 4 years of software development experience is required.
- C/C++ required. C# knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Experience with software development on Linux or equivalent environment, or knowledge of Object Oriented Development is preferred.
- Experience in font rasterizer preferred but not required.
- Japanese language skills preferred but not required.
Internal contacts within Software Development, Project Management Office and Testing department.
The incumbent is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities; provided that such action is consistent with sound management and
cost-effective practices and is consistent with product planning guidelines and department objectives. Work under Manager Software Development or Project Manager. Certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Special projects as assigned by the Manager Software Development.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Occasional lifting of computer, monitor, or small printer not heavier than 40 pounds.
• Typing, writing, reading
• Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
• Frequent sitting
• Standing, walking, kneeling.
Essential Mental Functions:
Analytical skills, troubleshooting skills, verbal and written communications in English.
This is a general description of the duties and responsibilities most frequently required of this position. The company may from time to time request that the incumbent perform other related tasks and assume reasonable responsibilities that have not been specifically included in this description.
NOTE: KDDA is an ISO 14001-certified company with a strong commitment to environmental preservation. All employees are expected to adhere to KDDA ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
All employees should be aware of the importance of conforming with the environmental policy, procedures and requirements of the environmental management system (EMS), significant environmental aspects and impacts, their roles and responsibilities within the EMS, and the potential consequences of departing from EMS procedures
Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation is one of the World's leading manufacturers of laser printers and document management systems.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America, Inc. is a part of the global Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation software development team with about 200 employees in Concord, CA and El Segundo, CA that takes advantage of the benefits of being part of a large, stable company while operating independently under Kyocera's unique Amoeba Management.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America offers a competitive salary and a stimulating working environment, plus a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, matching 401K contributions, flexible spending plan, disability and life insurance, plus Paid Time Offer in addition to paid company paid holidays. KDDA strives to provide a work environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities, while encouraging open communication, team work and diversity.
El Segundo, CA
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:20:36 PDT