Digital Communications Coordinator
This position is responsible for developing and executing inventive digital communication that support the division of Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence. The Digital Communications Coordinator is a digital content subject matter expert, leveraging digital assets across channels for integrated marketing communications and creates content to meet the University of Denver's communication standards and reflect the University's values of diversity, inclusion and equity. Collaboration with internal teams and building and sustaining internal relationships are both key elements to the success of this position. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Special Projects and interacts with leadership, divisional staff and students.
- Develops and coordinates the content and delivery for divisional newsletters, websites, mobile applications and social media channels (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.) in order to increase student engagement keeping information accurate, timely and relevant.
- Ensures all messaging is created to speak to multiple audiences from a variety of backgrounds such as cultural, socioeconomic, religious, national backgrounds, etc.
- Responsible for the graphic design of marketing collateral including website assets, newsletter images, presentations, posters, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Manages and produces digital assets including photography, videography and graphic stock images.
- Administers all aspects of the design process to manage the work-flow from initial design through production & pre-press stages.
- Establishes strong vendor relationships to effectively coordinate projects and work orders on time and within budget.
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness and relevancy of communications, marketing efforts, and programs with a willingness to learn new software applications to further enhance effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, graphic design, marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with web content management system and/or HTML a plus (OU Omniupdate preferred).
- Extensive functional knowledge in social media platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity with the ability to utilize cultural competency principles in order to effectively reach and engage diverse audiences.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in graphic design, communication or marketing (preferably in a higher education environment).
- Video recording, editing, and production skills Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience creating messages to a wide range of individuals utilizing cultural competency principles.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.