Summary of Responsibilities
Our client a fortune 500 dynamic company seeks a Compliance Analyst. Responsible for supporting the Senior Manager of SOX Controls and the Director of Internal Controls in the execution of the SOX program and its related activities.
- Assists with assessing the adequacy of SOX internal controls and efficiencies in business processes.
- Assists with documenting SOX process and control activities via narratives, matrices, and test scripts etc.
- Audits and tests SOX controls to ensure that they are performed as required and is in accordance with test scripts/control objectives and within budgeted time allowed. Testing is adequately documented and cross-referenced and adheres with sample size requirements and internal SOX methodology.
- Works with process owners to ensure SOX documentation is updated (as needed).
- Assists with maintaining a library of SOX documentation including narratives, test scripts, and risk matrices.
- Builds strong relationships with SOX control and process owner's, IT SOX internal control team, internal audit, external auditors, internal control team and compliance department.
- Works directly with control and process owners to ensure understanding and knowledge of SOX processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related discipline.
- 2+ years of Sarbanes Oxley professional experience in a risk & control organization or public accounting firm.
- Big 4/public accounting and industry experience strongly preferred.
- Certification(s) such as CPA will be considered along with other certifications such as CIA, CSox, CCSA, CISA, CFE, CBA, et.al.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong and well developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules and to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
Outstanding benefits, PTO and higher education reimbursement
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 06:47:32 PDT