Skorburg Company - Real Estate Development Firm in Dallas, Texas
Project Accountant-Real Estate Development located in Dallas, Texas
Founded in 1981, the Skorburg Company (the "Company") is a growing and dynamic real estate land development firm and leader in the residential development industry in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The Company is currently seeking a highly skilled, organized, motivated, detail-oriented individual to help support the Accounting Department.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years' experience in general ledger accounting, preferably multiple entity accounting and job cost. Experience with a title company, engineering firm, construction firm or real estate firm is required (please do not apply if you do not have relevant experience).
To join our team, this individual's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Process accounts payable invoices for multiple partnerships
• Process and submit monthly construction draws in accordance with compliance requirements
• Tracking, reporting and managing of both construction & project budgets
• Bank reconciliations for multiple partnerships
• Manage and track builder takedown schedules
• Review title company documents for lot sale closings
• Prepare Investor letters and distributions
• Manage entity and vendor insurance compliance
• Loan note reconciliation
• Post month end journal entries to general ledger
• Work with project manager and other accounting staff to review monthly financial statements
• Process and track property taxes
• Compile information and documents for check signing
• Filing associated with projects
• Work with Home Owner Association for billing of dues and financial review
• Special projects as instructed by Management and/or President
• 1099 review and preparation
• Support external CPA in Federal and State tax return preparation
• Other ad hoc items
Skills and Attribute Requirements:
• Must be proficient in QuickBooks software; if you do not know QuickBooks, please do not apply.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
• Ability to understanding and practice in-house network electronic filing.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Must display excellent organizational and prioritizing skills and have the ability to be flexible in order to balance various responsibilities.
- Excellent oral communication skills: Speak clearly and persuasively, respond professionally to questions and participate in meetings.
- Written communication skills: Write clearly and informatively and have the ability to read and interpret written information.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness under pressure and have the ability to diligently meet deadlines.
• Take ownership and be accountable for your work as each person's accountability directly affects everyone's success.
• Document your work so that others can follow and leverage off of the work product.
• Must work well in group problem solving situations and use reason to come to a solution.
- Must have the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Promote a positive team spirit by giving and welcoming feedback and have the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
• A college degree in accounting is not required; however, the candidate must be proficient in general ledger accounting.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The Skorburg Company offers excellent medical and dental benefits, paid parking and paid vacation. Please send your resume with cover letter stating why you think you fit this position.
*No resumes will be considered without salary requirement*
Please submit your resume along with references, cover letter and salary requirements to Jody Blanchard at email@example.com .
Located in Dallas, Texas, and founded in 1981, the Skorburg Company is a growing and dynamic real estate Land Development firm and a leader in the development industry.
Seeking United States citizens.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:13:54 PDT