Assistant Box Office Supervisor (P/T), CPRN11132PARTS
Responsible for opening and closing the Box Office for performances and weekday operations as needed. Managing walk up sales, phone sales, reconciliation and reporting of ticket sales on the computerized ticketing system, direction of Box Office activities, including training and supervising Box Office employees and interaction with the users and patrons of the MAC.
Position Title: Assistant Box Office Supervisor (P/T), CPRN11132PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Be proficient in ProVenue computerized ticketing software and knowledgeable of its various functions, including selling, reporting, closing, balancing and posting daily sales and assist in preparing and delivering cash and credit deposits on a timely basis to the Business Office.
- Ensure smooth and continuous operation of the Box Office in the absence of the Box Office Supervisor, communicating with the COD. Information Technology department and ProVenue support network when necessary.
- Assist with the training and supervising Box Office personnel to maximize services for all MAC patrons. Resolve customer service problems requiring immediate attention and make appropriate decisions in the interest of good customer relations.
- Open and close the Box Office, complete show reports and reconcile deposits.
- Manage cash banks for Box Office and concession sales.
- Prepare timely marketing reports and Box Office statements for use as accounting records or for other department or directors.
- Assist other campus departments to assist in promoting and selling tickets to their events.
- Other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
One year of supervisory experience. Proficient in spoken and written English. Cash and credit card handling experience. Computer experience.
Associates Degree or equivalent years of post-secondary education.
Customer service experience. Box Office experience. Knowledge of performing arts.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computerized ticketing system, computer with Word Processing, Excel, Access, etc., calculator/adding machine, charge-slip printer, laser-jet printer, and heavy telephone usage.
Flexible hours including many evenings and weekends.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt