The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver (DU), which consists of Undergraduate Admission, International Student Admission and Financial Aid, works to attract, enroll and cultivate an optimal mix of vibrant and intellectually motivated students who will enrich the composition of our learning community and go on to lead lives of meaning and purpose. Recognizing education as a means of individual and societal transformation, our vision is to inspire, guide, and support prospective and current students as leaders and scholars who will positively impact their communities. In our daily work, the enrollment team is guided by these values: intentional and informed decisions; integrity; diversity, equity and inclusion; collaboration; fiscal responsibility; pioneering spirit; clear and thoughtful communication; and exceptional quality service. As an educational and research community, DU values curiosity, intellectual freedom, and open communication. DU respects individual differences and embraces civil discourse. DU promotes caring and close individual attention. DU is a community distinguished by inclusiveness, collaboration, responsiveness, and accountability. As such, we are committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The Admission Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of communication with students and families who contact Undergraduate Admission. Responsibilities include monitoring and responding to emails that are sent to our main admission email address, answering the phone to provide information about the University and the admission process, and assisting with a variety of administrative tasks, such as mail management and filing. The Admission Specialist will also oversee the data entry of all prospective student inquiries in our CRM system; they will be responsible for training and managing a number of work-study students to help with data entry needs. In addition to the general duties listed above, the Admission Specialist will be a member of our Communication team. They will work closely with the team to help craft content for specific, targeted emails throughout the admission cycle. The Communication team supports the mission and goals of the Enrollment Division by ensuring consistent and relevant messaging to empower, educate and excite prospective and current members of the DU community through creative and innovative strategies. The Communication team is responsible for creating and/or reviewing all communication touch points across a variety of platforms (website, social media, video, print, electronic, digital marketing, text messages, etc.) and works collaboratively to envision and execute campaigns in all of these areas.
- Answer a high volume of incoming phone calls for Undergraduate Admission.
- Answer questions, provide information and route calls to appropriate recipients.
- Respond to incoming inquiries sent to the main Admission email address.
- Answer questions, provide information and route to appropriate recipients when applicable.
- Assist with the data entry process of recording admission inquiries from a variety of sources in our CRM system.
- Train additional data entry staff.
- Work as part of the Communication team to create content for email marketing.
- Assist Enrollment Services team and counseling staff with various projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication Skills: Excellent written communication and speaking skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, University colleagues and the general public over the telephone, in writing and in person.
- Customer Service Skills: Ability to provide exceptional customer service to students and families navigating the admission process.
- Detail Oriented: Process oriented thinking and ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Organization and Time Management Skills: Ability to juggle a wide variety of tasks and effectively prioritize responsibilities.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and ability to work well within a team with a high level of professionalism.
- Training & Teaching Skills: Ability to provide training and give professional feedback and guidance to student workers.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent level of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an office environment.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Familiarity with the University of Denver.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Please submit a 150-300 word writing sample of a potential communication to a prospective first generation undergraduate student who has just expressed interest in the University of Denver.