Senior UI/UX Designer
If you want to join a fast-growing company, manage a UI/UX team, and work on a product that provides real value to millions of people all over the world, this may be the job for you. This role will be instrumental in managing the initial site and user experience design initiatives that will be influential to our positioning in the travel marketplace, and the on going evolution of our unique product offerings and user experience as we build and grow our company. Additionally, manage the creation of the various dashboards for our internal teams and external partners and customers. This role reports directly to VP of Product.
Responsibilities / Job Duties
In this role the primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the UI/UX design process and implementation of the product offerings and user experience to deliver best in class design solutions for the U.S. and international e-commerce sites, and company site(s)
- Manage the design process throughout the entire project, drive decisions, track issues, and work with development and product teams to produce outstanding work
- Day to day liaison between Product and Development teams to execute on approved initiatives
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop detailed product specs
- Translate concepts, ideas and visions into compelling and functional designs, and have the ability to communicate the impetus behind your decisions
- Work side by side with creative design team
- Manage UI/UX team including setting priorities and direction, and inspiring creativity and solutions
- Create interactive wireframes, visual design, and product specs for new features
- Lead usability research, analysis, monitor user analytics and conduct usability & A/B testing
Qualifications/Skills Required & Preferred:
- BA/BS degree in IS, Design or Human Computer Interaction
- 5+ years of proven UI/UX interactive design or architecture experience (hands on), preferably with e-commerce and/or travel site
- Must have experience with both Mobile & Web-based UI/UX
- Experience with Wire Framing, User Testing, Mockups, Usability, User Research
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Experienced with the current versions of Invision and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and willing to learn new programs as they evolve
- Ability to work in fast paced evolving environment
- Strong work ethic with enduring positive energy
- Keen eye and passion for excellence, and beautiful and optimal user design
- Experience conveying concepts through wire-framing, flows, and mockups
- Ability to keep up to date with current design tools and applications
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously with shifting priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your designs, present your work with confidence, and connect design decisions to business strategies
At this time, we are not able to consider applicants for this position who require visa sponsorship.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
We are a new online travel agency start-up, based in San Francisco and well-funded by large players in the travel space. Not just a booking engine, we will be engaging customers in the dreaming and planning stages, so that they can get ideas about, be inspired by, and plan for trips that they can imagine.
This position is based in our San Francisco headquarters. We're near the Ferry building and easily accessible by many public commuting methods. Salary will be competitive based on experience and will include an equity component as well as full benefits including company paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Travana is as concerned with hiring for cultural fit as we are skills. The ideal candidate will have experience executing but be ready for contributing to strategy as well, have a practical approach with a good sense of judgment, but also a healthy work/life balance.
Travana is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate and consider qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, and other protected characteristics.
San Francisco, CA
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 14:31:06 PDT