Director of Graduate Admissions for the School of Education
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Supervise the collection and organization of accurate data regarding the new student enrollment process for graduate students within our school of education programs; analyze the data and make data-driven enrollment decisions, providing necessary data for academic program directors to aid in the decision process. Communicate relevant enrollment updates to the graduate dean in a clear and concise way.
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external partners at AIC, ensuring alignment of recruitment goals, recruitment messaging and data analysis. Ensure smooth operational and personal transitions for students in all School of Education programs. Supervise the coordination of recruitment events to ensure accurate messaging and effectiveness of recruitment strategy.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, programs, information systems, and controls for recruitment and admissions functions to assure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the operation. Create and continually update graduate admission procedures manuals.
- Coordinate the development of the CRM. Ensure that set procedures are established for each area of the admissions CRM function. Oversee the implementation of these procedures. Coordinate database updates, which include but are not limited to, communication plan updates, filter coordination, exports (internal and external), application updates as well pertinent updates to processing systems. (i.e. terms of entry, funnel reporting, programs)
- Coordinate goal-setting meeting between internal and external constituencies. Recommend enrollment goals for graduate enrollment within the school of education, including headcount and credit hours. Substantiate this recommendation with historical, national and regional data that considers AIC's situational analysis.
- Create strong relationships on and off-campus, providing advocacy for Education programs as new policies and procedures are considered.
- Monitors and supervises all enrollment staff and activities to ensure service and compliance within the campus and the achievement of specific enrollment goals. This individual will monitor and coach department members to ensure professional development while also ensuring that AIC enrolls qualified students as part of graduate programs in education.
- In consultation with the graduate dean and marketing staff, coordinate the creating of marketing campaigns including view book, travel brochures and prospective student communication plans.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 5 years related admissions experience required.
- Graduate recruitment and admissions experience preferred.
- Candidates must be available and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours; ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent the office and College in a professional manner and to conduct compelling and persuasive presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve as needed, especially under pressure.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service, and student focus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new database systems.
- Ability to identify a need and take initiative to address that need.
- Experience training and supervising staff members on issues related to admission and recruitment and to verify that systems in place are operating at maximum capacity. Able to develop training program that is comprehensive and effective and to hold accountable operations staff members on timeliness and accuracy of data entry.
- Ability to contribute to a strong admissions leadership team and to develop strong and collegial relationships across campus.
The Director of Graduate Admissions for the School of Education is a full time, twelve (12) month, exempt position not limited to 35 hours per week. Normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with hours of work flexible to the needs of the department. Evening and weekend event work is required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.