Post-Doctoral Fellow (Visiting Assistant Professor) - Assessment & Program Evaluation
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
As a Post-Doctoral Fellow, supports programs in a specialized discipline by participating in the academic community. This is a non-tenure track position of limited duration.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Graduate Center (GC) is the principal doctorate-granting institution of the City University of New York (CUNY). Offering more than thirty doctoral degrees from Anthropology to Urban Education, and fostering globally significant research in a wide variety of centers and institutes, the GC provides academic training in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Graduate Center is also integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, The Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theater that enrich and inform.
The Graduate Center seeks a Post-Doctoral Fellow who will report to the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and work closely with the Director of the Teaching and Learning Center to design and carry out evaluation studies to support strategic planning and decision making at The Graduate Center, enhance institutional effectiveness, and refine the pedagogical training offered to students. The successful candidate may also be affiliated with Sociology, Educational Psychology or other relevant doctoral programs. The anticipated start date is September 2017.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing formative and summative evaluation studies of selected administrative, educational, and student support units at the GC, which involves working with staff to identify goals, outcomes and metrics; designing instruments for data collection; collecting and analyzing data, and reporting results;
- Communicating evaluation results to the Strategic Planning Implementation Committee and other decision-making bodies at the GC, and documenting the use of evaluation and assessment results for institutional improvement;
- Collaborating with offices and programs at other CUNY campuses and the Central Office on the design of evaluation projects that measure the impact of the GC students throughout the university;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of expertise or equivalent.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree in a social science field.
- Experience with evaluation and/or educational research methods.
- Expertise in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Expertise in data collection, cleaning and manipulation.
- Strong oral, written and digital communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in settings of social and intellectual diversity.
- Ability to take directions, assume increasing independent responsibility, and provide follow up.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in post secondary assessment.
- Familiarity with logic modeling.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with educational research and evaluation methods; an interest in the scholarship of teaching and learning; and creative ideas about how to evaluate unique programs that span across multiple units and institutions utilizing both qualitative and quantitative methods.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization). Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin on April 17, 2017.
(Previously posted as Job ID 16123, previous applicants need not apply).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Graduate Center
Job Title: Post-Doctoral Fellow (Visiting Assistant Professor) - Assessment & Program Evaluation
Job ID: 16580