Bioethicist (Clinical Professor - Medical Series) - CUNY School of Medicine
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The CUNY School of Medicine is seeking a bioethicist with a focus on ethics education. This is a non-tenure track position in the title of Clinical Professor.
The bioethicist will participate in education and research in biomedical ethics at the undergraduate and graduate level for the seven year BS/MD program. The appointee reports to the Chair of the Department of Medical Education. Duties will include curricular design, revision, implementation and evaluation at the undergraduate and graduate level in collaboration with existing faculty.
Teaching and Curriculum Development
- Develop the biomedical ethics curriculum for undergraduate CUNY School of Medicine BS/MD and as needed, the PA students.
- Implement, teach and evaluate the bioethics curriculum for the 7 year program.
- Participate in graduate medical education clinical teaching, hospital rounds, conferences, ethics consultations and on hospital ethics committees or in other ways with clinical affiliates as needed.
- Serve as a resource and faculty member for population health or research ethics, therapeutic communication.
- Participate in other teaching such as Problem Based Learning facilitation.
Administrative and School Responsibilities
- Serve on Department, School and/or University committees as needed.
- Serve as a member of professional societies and organizations in addressing current issues in Medical Ethics.
- Actively pursue independent research interests and collaborative research opportunities with emphasis on publication of books, book chapters and scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate with existing faculty to develop scholarship and externally supported projects in education, focusing on ethics, professional values and their development.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and appropriate advanced degree, professional licensure, registration, certification or such other qualifications as may be necessary for the satisfactory performance of his/her duties. Also, must have demonstrated satisfactory qualifies of personality and character, a record of achievements in his/her profession or field of expertise, and a willingness to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
The successful candidate will have formal training at the doctorate-level and/or substantial experience in bioethics and demonstrated skill in education and education research.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16539) or Title.
Candidates should provide a C.V., statement of scholarly interests, and the names and contact information for three (3) references.
Open until filled with initial review of applications to begin June 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Bioethicist (Clinical Professor - Medical Series) - CUNY School of Medicine
Job ID: 16539
Full/Part Time: Full-Time