Faculty, Registered Dietitian- Rowan Choice
Full-time tenure track faculty position in the Division of Nursing and Allied Health in Rowan-Choice-Nutrition Faculty. The Faculty Member is responsible for maintaining high levels of academic quality and student satisfaction in order to retain students and promote graduation, while operating in compliance with College policies and procedures as well as all state, federal and accrediting agency regulations.
Primary assignments will be for those Nutrition courses scheduled for Rowan Choice students and will take place on the Rowan University Campus in Glassboro, NJ. Additional assignments may occur on various campus locations. Travel between campuses for meetings, college activities and professional development opportunities will be required.
Full time faculty are responsible for creating a positive classroom teaching and learning environment in accordance with the college goals, core values, core competencies, program outcomes and course outcomes. Faculty membership promotes teaching effectiveness, student learning supports, departmental and institutional service, scholarly achievement, professional growth, and administrative effectiveness.
Examples of Duties:
- Promote student learning in accordance with the college academic calendar and through use of approved syllabi in Rowan Choice-Nutrition.
- Effectively teach undergraduate general nutrition and health sciences courses to achieve identified core competencies and student learning outcomes for assigned courses and associated allied health programs.
- Utilize formative and summative assessment tools and resulting data to monitor student-learning progress, to adjust teaching methods, to accommodate adult learning styles and assist learners achieve course and personal learning outcomes.
- Employ a variety of active learning techniques that demonstrate a student-centered approach to teaching (i.e. focuses on learners needs and adapts methods; maintains a respectful and collaborative environment, encourages students to ask questions and actively participate, and asks questions that promote critical thinking and analysis).
- Demonstrate mastery of and currency in subject matter by incorporating practitioner experience in teaching (i.e. examples and relevant assignments and activities); incorporates up-to-date subject-matter expertise that reflects current trends in the field of study; and displays an ability to clarify abstract and complex ideas by using examples and analogies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the technology necessary for the subjects taught and for other college requirements, including the use of Blackboard, learning management software.
- Promote and support the value of diversity and cultural sensitivity in all aspects of the learning and teaching relationship.
- Comply with all academic and regulatory policies including FERPA, the accurate recording of course and lab attendance, and the safe use of and preservation of student's academic records.
- Adhere to the philosophy, mission, learning outcomes, curriculum, and policies of the Division of Nursing and Allied Health
- Communicate and consult professionally and effectively with divisional colleagues regarding curricula, student outcomes, and other activities.
- Post and maintain office hours for consultation with students.
- Attend required meetings, professional development and mandatory college events and activities [graduation, Open House, etc.].
- Develop, review, and maintain the approved curricula of the division.
- Provide input as requested into the divisional schedule and budget.
- Participate in activities that provide service to the college community and its students, including appropriate administrative duties.
- Contribute to and/or generate reports and supportive materials for accrediting agencies
- Maintain professional competence by participating in continuing education, professional conferences, and writing relevant to faculty responsibilities
- Current Registered Dietitian [RD] or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist [RDN] credential is required throughout employment in the position
- Earned Master's degree in Human Nutrition or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in Nutrition and adult education.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in various healthcare settings
- Commitment to the community college mission, including evaluating and addressing the needs of a diverse adult student population
- Utilization of innovative teaching methods that incorporating technology and includes on-line information sharing and use of electronic resources
- Demonstrated commitment to and proven ability to utilize a variety of effective instructional strategies that promote student retention, and learning success
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities
- Dedication to improving college course offerings by active participation in curriculum processes, including outcomes assessment
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven commitment to scholarly achievement and professional growth
- Participation in community service
- Earned Doctorate Degree in related area
- Experience in teaching nursing students and/or healthcare professionals
- Understanding of course management software, i.e., Blackboard platform
- Demonstrated postsecondary curriculum development that is aligned to educational and industry competencies
- Experience in outcomes assessment and program evaluation methodologies