Position Title Admissions Recruiter
Interested applicants should apply through company website https://employment.ega.edu/
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the recruitment of students for East Georgia State College and all operations that surround student recruitment including onsite and offsite events. This position will assist with the management of a recruitment territory composed of Augusta, Macon, Savannah, and Atlanta. Some overnight travel will be required.
• Provides customer services to prospective students, current students, and former students and to the general public.
• Attends recruiting events as a representative of the college, including college fairs, career fairs, resource fairs, and high school visits.
• Processes recruiting and prospect paperwork; enters information to computerized database; processes correspondence.
• Provides campus tours.
• Assists with admissions processing as needed; processes applications; evaluates high school transcripts; processes immunization forms; processes lawful presence documentation; schedules COMPASS testing.
• Assists with new student orientation; assists in the preparation of orientation packets; greets and registers participants; assists with orientation student registration.
• Develops and implements campus recruitment events.
• Recruits for and assist with the development, implementation and initiation of freshman summer camps.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required by the Position
• Quality customer service skills
• Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures related to admissions, financial aid, and records.
• Knowledge of admissions requirements
• Knowledge of computer and job-related software programs
• Knowledge of Ellucian Banner
• Skills in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solution
• Skills in oral and written communication
• The successful candidate should possess excellent organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; strong work ethic; outstanding collaborative and motivational skills as well as strategic planning skills; and enthusiasm about EGSC
Student Affairs Director – Admissions supervises and reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of activities. Director of Admissions assigns work in terms of general instructions and supervisor spot checks for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of final results.
Guidelines include the East Georgia College Employee Handbook, state and federal regulations, the Higher Education Opportunity Act, The Official Code of Georgia institutional catalog, Student Affairs policies, and Board of Regents policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application
Complexity/Scope of Work
The work consists of varied administrative and recruitment duties. The diverse backgrounds and situations represented by applicants contribute to the complexity of the position.
The purpose of this position is to provide recruitment and customer service support for East Georgia State College. Success in this position contributes to the efficient delivery of services to EGSC customers. Success in this area will result in an increase in student enrollment.
Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, high school guidance counselors, parents, and members of the general public.
Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, resolve problems, motivate or influence persons.
The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, or walking. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects.
The work is typically performed in an office and in the field.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Knowledge of current practices in admission issues.
Requested Updates/Changes to Position Description Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Date 01/12/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).