Plumber's Helper (Provisional) - Facilities Management & Planning
- Under direct supervision assists plumbers in the installation, maintenance and repair of piping for water, gas, waste, soil and vent lines; performs related work.
- Assists plumbers in the installation of plumbing fixtures.
- Carries tools and working materials and prepares same at work locations.
- Cuts or drills openings as may be necessary for installation or repair of plumbing pipes or fixtures.
- Cuts and threads pipe with hand or electrically operated tools.
- Cleans up work areas.
- Three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a plumber's helper or apprentice plumber acquired within the last 12 years; OR
- Not less than one year of experience described in 1 above plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school, to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational high school.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 14, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Plumber's Helper (Provisional) - Facilities Management & Planning
Job ID: 16270
Full/Part Time: Full-Time