Network and Information Security Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 2 - Provisional)
I.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Computer Systems Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the general supervision of the Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations and exercising independent initiative and judgment, the Network and Information Security Manager is responsible for the following:
- Supervises and manages a team of IT network/telecom technicians in the daily operations the Hostos Community College network (wired and wireless), servers, telecom (Cisco VoIP) and information security.
- Develops and implements the college's network security program to preserve the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of campus information.
- Manages and provides technical expertise in the support of all activities, processes, procedures, and tools in protecting and safeguarding technology-based information.
- Provides solutions to related issues that are both strategic and tactical to College initiatives.
- Assumes the role of Project Manager in designing, developing Statements of Work, negotiating cost and managing the implementation/closeout of network/telecom related projects with internal and external constituents.
- Manages Cisco Catalyst IOS switch/routing, ASA security appliance platforms, and Aruba wireless platform.
- Manages and maintains the cabling infrastructure in the data center and multiple IDF's across campus.
- Develops and distributes information on security awareness content and conducts training for the campus community; coordinates communications between Hostos faculty, staff and students and the IT department.
- Plans and implements network upgrades to ensure an optimal and secure technology infrastructure; participates in the data center virtualization initiative.
- Manages the mobile/cellular device assignment, plans, support and upgrades as needed.
- Enforces network security policies through management of NAC devices such as Mazu and CounterAct.
- Manages key aspects of the college Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery requirements pertaining to network, data, telecom and server availability.
- Liaises with CUNY Central and other campus constituents on information security awareness and breach procedures.
- Performs internal information security audits; responsible for network/information security related attestations.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation and procedures for network/telecom/information security related aspects of the campus infrastructure and operations.
- Configures and manages Active Directory, Application/Database and Desktop security in support of desktop, user, and group management functions.
- Reviews requests for new equipment and software with appropriate IT management to ensure compliance with business requirements.
- Serves as the Incident Manager for major Network and Information Security incidents during and outside of working hours; coordinates the notification and resolution processes.
This function/position has been designated as "essential." This means that the individual is expected to carry a department provided mobile device and answer critical calls/e-mails in a reasonable time frame even after hours. Additionally, when the College is faced with an institution emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the College.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
- Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
Experience in the following is preferred:
- 5+ years in Cisco IOS switching/routing and PIX/ASA platforms
- 3+ years in Cisco CUCM VoIP call manager and contact center
- Managing IP v4/v6 switched and routed VLAN's
- Supervising teams of 3-5 technical staff
- Setting up and managing IPSEC, L2L and web SSL VPN on a Cisco/Juniper platform
- Aruba wireless infrastructure
- Utilizing network monitoring solutions (Mazu, Counteract, Solarwinds) and network diagramming software (Visio)
- Documenting information security policies and implementing NAC appliances
- Managing the implementation of circuits and data/voice connectivity with Fiber and Copper physical layer technologies
The successful candidate should also possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to create and modify processes and effectively communicate them to direct reports, colleagues and users
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with VMWare and EMC SAN a plus
- Candidates with CCNP (or higher) certification preferred
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to a maximum of $75,000.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach your resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin 9/23/16.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Network and Information Security Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 2 - Provisional)
Job ID: 15348
Full/Part Time: Full-Time