Admissions Advisor (Office of Admissions and Recruitment, Division of Student Affairs)
Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment at Hunter College the Admissions Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks in addition to the CUNY Title Overview:
- Recruits freshman and transfer applicants from an assigned territory including reviewing applications for the purpose of making admission decisions.
- Travels to high schools, colleges, and recruitment fairs both regional and occasionally outside of the New York area is required.
- Makes data-informed decisions using products such as Hobsons Connect and Enrollment Planning Services (EPS).
- Coordinates Hunter admissions social media outlets, creating relevant campaigns and engaging the target audience.
- Seeks and retains knowledge of best industry practices in undergraduate admissions and recruitment and applies this knowledge to everyday duties.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated communication skills, writing and public speaking ability, events and local or regional travel planning, exemplary customer service skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with key constituents and prospects within assigned territory.
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in the field of admissions, recruitment or enrollment management in general.
- Active working knowledge of all of Hunter College's programs and opportunities and the ability to present this information to prospective students in all formats.
- Experience with social media outlets in regard to use in recruitment (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. and Hobson's Connect or other enrollment management CRM.
- Research and analytical skills are required in order to conduct demographic, geographic and historical research, as it pertains to Hunter College's applicant trends within assigned territory and market.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be a proactive member of the admissions team.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Must be available to work evening /weekend hours.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities.
- Conducts open house sessions and orientations to ensure applicants are fully informed of requirements and processes
- Assists in direct recruiting at high schools, community outreach events, and other appropriate locations
- Provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, email, or letter
- Maintains current information about College programs and degree requirements
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job Title Name: Admissions Advisor
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience, within the approved range for this position ($38,701- $45,278).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 professional references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
The committee will review complete applications on February 10, 2017. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after an initial round. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Admissions Advisor (Office of Admissions and Recruitment, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 16271
Full/Part Time: Full-Time