Solar PV Design Engineer
Please NO 3rd parties and NO visas needing sponsorship.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop design calculations, cost estimates, drawings and specifications for various site locations and plant configurations
• Perform plant simulations to arrive at an optimized design
• Gather relevant site and utility information required for site evaluation and selection
• Prepare proposal submittal documents and deliverables, address RFIs and submittals
• Coordinate and assist clients, landowners, AHJs, HV contractors and utilities in order to secure permitting, power purchase and interconnection agreements, and to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards
• Generate drawings using 2D and 3D CAD and/or Helios3D
• Attend site visits, pre-bid meetings, client meetings and conferences may be required
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
• Some travel may be required
• Face to face interaction is required
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical strongly preferred, but willing to consider Mechanical or related Engineering field. PE license preferred, but not mandatory.
• Minimum of 3 years of design experience in commercial or utility-scale PV design.
• Knowledge of applicable design codes & standards and accepted industry practices
• Up-to-date knowledge of major vendor equipment offerings, features and pricing trends
• Working proficiency in PV simulation software (PVsyst strongly preferred)
• Working proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word, and Project.
• 2 years immersive proficiency with 2D AutoCAD (Helios3D a plus)
Knowledge of medium-voltage substations and high voltage substation and transmission line design is highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent time management, able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong verbal/written communication skills (primarily English, Spanish a plus)
• Polished customer service skills
• Positive, solution-oriented attitude. Must be able to adapt to rapid changes in scope and design
• Self-driven, highly-organized and able to balance long and short term goals
• Able to manage multiple tasks and/or projects
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 12:58:06 PDT