EOC Student Service Director - Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center
The State University of New York, Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center, provides tuition free academic and workforce development training to eligible New York State residents, providing a pathway to lifelong learning, college access and economic self-sufficiency.
The EOC Director of Enrollment and Student Services serves as the chief student services officer of Brooklyn EOC and reports to the Executive Director. He/she is responsible for the overall supervision, operation and management of Enrollment Services, Advisement Center, Student Life and Development.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the delivery of a variety of enrollment and student services, including outreach, admissions, academic and career advising, crisis intervention, college and job placement
- Implement policies and procedures to improve the delivery of those services
- Create innovative approaches to dealing with student needs
- Direct student life and development activities, including orientation, graduation
- Investigate student incidents and direct student discipline, facilitating due process
- Stay abreast and ensure compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations as they relate to students
- Assist with coordinating Title IX responsibilities
- Interface with academic departments, other offices, and student groups to assess program needs and develop appropriate student support programs
- Lead inter-departmental programs to increase student success and retention
- Direct planning, evaluation, assessment and marketing of Enrollment and Student Services
- Provide for staff development and training
- Assist in developing and managing department budget
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team of the EOC, both internally and in outside forums
Flexible schedule required
Bachelor's degree and eight years' experience required.
A Master's degree is preferred. Managerial experience in related areas is required, as are strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Knowledge of legal issues and policies related to students. Direct experience in handling high need, culturally diverse students. Successful implementation of programs for students and evidence of successful collaborations. Customer service orientation is essential, being able to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and external constituents. Proficiency in MS Office required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Oversees the planning, program development, and administration of student-related programs for an Educational Opportunity Center (EOC).
- Develops plans for, and leads a variety of student programs and services, such as recruitment, admissions, retention, student activities, job placement, and community outreach
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the portfolio of student services in supporting EOC goals; oversees data collection, tracking, and reporting systems
- Partners with appropriate EOC units to institute enrollment and retention plans which provide services to students and applicants in an efficient and effective manner
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates staff; actively develops opportunities for staff development and growth
- Oversees departmental budget(s) and advises on allocation of funds
- Serves as a member of the senior leadership team of the EOC, both internally and in outside forums
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Review of resumes may begin 10/13/16. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: EOC Student Service Director - Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center
Job ID: 15566
Full/Part Time: Full-Time