Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-04-2017
The Project Manager is responsible for managing information technology (IT) projects for the Project Management Office (PMO), primarily in Administrative Technologies, but also manages projects for other technology groups at Illinois State University. Work will vary across concurrent projects with responsibilities on each project being defined and agreed upon between the PMO and relevant project teams but in general oversees the planning, scheduling, implementation, and tracking of a specific project which has a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables ensuring that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business, or a related field; or Bachelor's degree in another field with equivalent experience in Information Systems
2. Minimum of 3 years' of experience in planning, coordinating, and managing IT projects in a matrix resource environment
3. Five (5) years full time work experience as part of an IT or technology organization
4. Possess strong interpersonal skills in working with groups to gather information and achieve consensus
5. Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of detailed information and summarize for presentation
6. Demonstrated ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action
7. Possess excellent interpersonal communication, writing and presentation skills
8. Have good understanding of IT development and integration practices, project infrastructure needs, testing and general application support needs, and project delivery methodologies
9. Demonstrated experience in leveraging various Project Management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
10. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
11. Demonstrated ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
12. Demonstrated ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
13. Demonstrated experience determining strategies to move the project forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
14. Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
15. Demonstrated experience negotiating to create the most positive project results
16. Demonstrated experience in resolving conflicts such as scope contention or resource contention
17. Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
18. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification or ability to earn within one (1) year of employment
19. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree in Business, Information Systems or a related field
2. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
3. Other Project Management certifications
4. Two years' experience in higher education administrative systems
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.