Chalk & Wire Implementation Specialist - Professional Education Unit
As a key member of the Education department and reporting directly to the Director for the Assessment and Accreditation, the Academic Program Specialist is responsible for working with faculty and candidates (i.e., students) in all academic departments across the Professional Education Unit on issues related to (a) training in using the Chalk & Wire ePortfolio and Assessment Platform; (b) creating and modifying program assessment plans and assessment instruments in Chalk & Wire; (c) monitoring system usage and generating submission/data reports from Chalk & Wire for a variety of stakeholders; and (d) supporting education candidates in uploading components of the Teacher Performance Assessment for New York State (edTPA).
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Enters and manages program assessment plans into Chalk & Wire.
- Coordinates Teacher Performance Assessments (edTPA) implementation (including training of faculty and candidates) for the Professional Education Unit.
- Tracks candidate submission and faculty assessment throughout every academic semester.
- Pulls course enrollment and faculty assignment for all courses with Chalk & Wire assessments at the beginning of every semester and mid-semester.
- Generates assessment data reports for all programs in the Unit.
- Completes all assessment implementation changes, updates, and new assessment implementations.
- Facilitates in person training and generates training materials for candidates and faculty on the use of Chalk and Wire Assessment system.
- Updates Divisional website as needed.
- Communicate with other departments in the college to improve the overall processes
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
Knowledge and experience related to program assessment; experience with data collection, data analysis, and data reporting; excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated proficiency in a variety of technology platforms/software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft); previous staff training or related experience.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online as follows:
- Go to http://www.cuny.edu and click on 'Employment'
- Click 'Search job listings'
- Click on 'More search options'
- Search by the Job Opening ID number (16609) associated with this position
- Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Please upload these as ONE document in rtf, doc, docx, or pdf format. Please use a simple name, such as 'JDoeResume' as documents with long names cannot be parsed by the system.
June 2, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: Chalk & Wire Implementation Specialist - Professional Education Unit
Job ID: 16609
Full/Part Time: Full-Time