Non-Teaching Adjunct, Level 2 - College Advancement (Development)
Completes non-teaching projects or complex work in support of a Campus or University administrative or academic department. This work is generally of a temporary nature and requires specialized experience or expertise.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Non-Teaching Adjunct in Development will assist in all work related to Fundraising, Grants preparation and Administration, and Alumni Services. He/she will assist with the design, implementation and administration of the comprehensive campaign to raise funds from federal, state and city governments, private foundations, corporations and other organizations.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research to identify donors.
- Import and Export data to and from the Raiser's Edge database as needed
- Generate queries, export data, and produce lists and reports in response to departmental needs.
- Configure letters of acknowledgement and perform mail merges within the database
- Create labels and envelopes for bulk mailings.
- Update donor records and maintain the database accuracy
- Disseminate information about potential federal, state and private funding opportunities relevant to fundraising priorities to appropriate individuals and institutions.
- Assist in the coordination of alumni services
- Assist in the processing of all new Alumni Memberships
- Support the membership outreach to all alums, both active and inactive.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of alumni events
- Maintain online communication with alums
- Assist in the maintenance of the Scholarship Database
- Support all activities that are integral to all aspects of the operation of the Office for College Advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
$442.32 - $52.65 per hour.; salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter. For full consideration, upload a position focused cover letter and resume as ONE MS WORD or ADOBE PDF DOCUMENT in the RESUME FIELD. Your cover letter should specifically describe your work experience as related to the essential general and campus specific duties of this position.
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions. If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Emailed or hard copy documents will not be considered.
Reviews of applications to begin10-28-2016 (on-going to fill open positions).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Non-Teaching Adjunct, Level 2 - College Advancement (Development)
Job ID: 15712