EOC Enrollment Coordinator - Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center
The State University of New York, Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center, provides tuition free academic and workforce development training to eligible New York State residents, providing a pathway to lifelong learning, college access and economic self-sufficiency.
In addition to the CUNY Title overview, the duties of the EOC Enrollment Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in community outreach and recruitment efforts to encourage applications to BEOC programs
- Assist in conducting open house sessions, information sessions and orientations about admissions to BEOC
- Review program requirements, and EOC policies and procedures with applicants in individual or group settings
- Respond to requests regarding information on programs
- Review applications. Recommend applicant eligibility for EOC services and programs
- Follow up on incomplete applications
- Communicate enrollment decisions to applicants
- Prepare activity reports and analyses
Bachelor's degree required.
Two years of relevant work experience, serving in urban setting, and working with students with academic deficits and life challenges preferred.Excellent oral and written communication skills. Detailed oriented, with organizational ability to handle multiple assignments, establish and meet deadlines. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and social media. Strong customer service orientation is essential; able to work effectively with all levels of faculty, staff, students and external constituents. Knowledge of Banner student information system a plus. Bilingual skills a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports student enrollment activities and processing in an Educational Opportunity Center program.
- Provides direct student services and works collaboratively with other units to support registration, payment, and related activities
- Interprets and communicates policies and procedures related to registration, student records, and related issues.
- Prepares reports and surveys based on enrollment data
- Counsels students, staff and faculty on academic registration, admissions, and related activities
- Manages student information databases and resolves issues with student records and transactions
- Ensures compliance with college, Federal, and New York State regulations and policies
- May supervise clerical and/or part-time staff and coordinate work schedules
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EOC Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Applications will accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes may begin October 11, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: EOC Enrollment Coordinator - Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center
Job ID: 15636
Full/Part Time: Full-Time