Adjunct Open Rank - Physical Therapist Assistant Program
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Department of Biological Sciences at Kingsborough Community College is seeking applications for adjunct faculty to teach in the A.A.S. Physcial Therapist Assistant Program during the fall 2016 semester. Adjuncts perform teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Share responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
Duties will include:
- Provide instruction in a lecture and laboratory to Physical Therapist Assistant classes.
- Adherence to applicable accreditation commission standards or agencies regulations, the school policies and procedures, and the program's curricula.
- Assist with on-going review and assessment of curricula in the program and make suggestions per policy.
- Attend staff meetings and faculty meeting as scheduled.
For Adjunct Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor:
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
For Adjunct Lecturer:
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, interest in productive scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- A licensed PTA or baccalaureate, masters and/or doctorate degree (as described above) in physical therapy
- Valid New York State physical therapy license
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist
- Previous teaching experience in physical therapist and/or physical therapist assistant program preferred
Adjunct Lecturer: $64.84 - $80.70/hr
Adjunct Assistant Professor: $73.53 - $87.29/hr
Adjunct Associate Professor: $79.29 - $97.16/hr
Adjunct Professor: $87.94 - $107.04/hr
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 15117 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Reviews of applications to begin July 18, 2016 (on-going to fill open positions).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Adjunct Open Rank - Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Job ID: 15117