Non-Teaching Adjunct 1 - Nursing Program
Completes non-teaching projects or complex work in support of a Campus or University administrative or academic department. This work is generally of a temporary nature and requires specialized experience or expertise.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Kingsborough Community College (KCC), CUNY is looking for a Non-Teaching Adjunct to mentor/coach students in NUR1800 students as part of RFP Job Linkage Funds to enhance the student's test-taking and critical thinking skills and to improve overall student outcomes in order to increase the Nursing student's retention rate.
- Meets with a group of clinical students weekly for 10 weeks/semester to encourage, support and advise progress toward academic success for Nursing 1800 clinical students.
- Review test-taking strategies with students.
- Mentor/coaches will help students navigate Nursing 1800 to enhance critical thinking and test-taking skills.
- Develops and applies intervention strategies to remove obstacles for students in Nursing 1800 from admission into the course through completion to ensure their progression and success.
- Stays current on best practices and innovative approaches for student persistence and retention, with a focus on diverse learners.
- Advocates for student needs.
- Communicate with faculty who oversee the mentoring program on student progress.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- AAS Graduates of Kingsborough Community College's Nursing Program preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Should demonstrate proficiency in understanding the Quality and Safety for Nurses (QSEN) Competencies, the NCLEX-RN Categories of Client Needs and the Nursing Process.
This position is anticipated to be funded through June 30, 2017.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter. For full consideration, upload a position focused cover letter and resume as ONE MS WORD or ADOBE PDF DOCUMENT in the RESUME FIELD. Your cover letter should specifically describe your work experience as related to the essential general and campus specific duties of this position.
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions. If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Emailed or hard copy documents will not be considered.
Review of applications to begin immediately; (on-going to fill open positions).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Non-Teaching Adjunct 1 - Nursing Program
Job ID: 15471